1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Brand new sets of Skjold, IQS and Dark Horse strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by gospel jazz, Apr 6, 2017.

1. gospel jazz

gospel jazz Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Endorsements: LoPhat bass cabs, Regenerate Guitar Works, Honeybadger Pickups, Darkhorse strings, Ergo Straps and Intex cables.
    Price:
    $23
    I have six brand new sets of strings for sale. Four sets are stainless and two are nickels.

Skjold hybrids (Nickel wound with a stainless core 5-string) two sets: .045-.125

Dark Horse (stainless steel 5-string): .045-.125

LASTLY: As used by Federico Malaman and Andrew Gouche. The Italian made IQS strings.

IQS strings:

Stainless steel 5-string: .040-.125 (SOLD)
    Nickel 5-string: .045-.125 (SOLD)
    Nickel 4-string: .045-.100 (SOLD)

Each set is $23 shipped conus with free shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    PM sent

3. gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Endorsements: LoPhat bass cabs, Regenerate Guitar Works, Honeybadger Pickups, Darkhorse strings, Ergo Straps and Intex cables.
    The two nickel sets of IQS strings are sold!

4. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Hi,
    Just checking in, I did get 2 sets but just wanted to verify at the ones I received don't have the Italian flag ball bearings. As opposed to the 2 that are in the picture that do have them?

Please verify?
    Thanks,
    Rap

5. gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    The two sets, in the boxes, are nickel. The clear package are the stainless set. I don't know If the colored ball bearings are only for stainless or not. I never opened any of the packages.

6. gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    The stainless steel IQS strings are sold. The Skjold and Dark Horses are still available.

7. gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    I made a correction, the Skjold strings are actually Nickels.

8. SteveBass5

SteveBass5 It all sounds the same, It's all one song! Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Still have the Skjold? They are for 5 strings?

9. gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Yes and yes.

10. gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Bump