1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BRAND NEW: SQUIER CLASSIC VIBE 50'S NECK-TUNERS-NECK PLATE-PICKUP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Dark Horse, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just bought a Classic Vibe today ( from Bass Emporium ) and promptly installed an older MIJ 51 Bass neck, Antiquity pickup, etc on it. (I like the fatter MIJ neck).

Anyway, that leaves me with a BRAND NEW Classic Vibe 50's neck, tuner, bridge plate, string tree, and screws....oh, and a pickup.

Neck with tuners/tree/plate/screws - [DEL]$170 shipped in the CONUS[/DEL]
    NECK IS SOLD !!!

Pickup - $25 shipped in the CONUS

PAYPAL

I'll post pictures of the actual neck & pickup tomorrow if they haven't sold. My girlfriend is visiting her parents and has the camera. Anyway, like I said...everything is BRAND NEW.

The Classic Vibe 50's is this model - (this may even be a pic of the ACTUAL one that I bought !)

[​IMG]

2. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    pics:

N1.

N2.

N3.

N4.

N5.

N6.

NP.

PICKUP.

3. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    I was curious about how bug these necks are? Like a precision neck, or a jazz necks size?

4. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They're P Bass size - 1 5/8" nut -

5. Amazing neck , i had one.

Bump

6. Hey there D.H. Just wondering,,, is this the same neck that Squier uses on the VMP Tele?

7. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It is definitely a nice neck. I swapped it for a MIJ P Bass neck that was a bit chunkier and more to my liking, but I could have EASILY been happy with this one.

Definitely different.

Squier VM Tele Bass

Neck Maple, C-Shape (Polyurethane Finish)
    Fingerboard Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
    No. of Frets 20 Medium Jumbo

Classic Vibe 50's P Bass

Neck 1-Piece Maple, Modern “C” Shape, (Gloss Polyester Finish)
    Fingerboard Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
    No. of Frets 20 Vintage Style Frets

8. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oh - and I'd take a set of DiMarzio P Bass pickups as a partial trade.

:D

9. Please D.H. excuse me for my ignorance but is the Modern "C" Shape thinner than the regular "C" shape on the Squier Tele? I

10. marcwcarroll

marcwcarroll

Dec 7, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I have both. the 50's p is much glossier than the VMP tele and the 50's has vintage frets (smaller) than the jumbos on the tele.. Very similar and I like em both,.. but the 50's is my preferred of the 2 FWIW

11. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I have one too. I love the neck. Very easy to play and easy to set up. I've had it a year now and absolutely no problems with it despite the arid conditions in my house during winter. Just needed a tweak of the truss rod.

I put a custom wound pickup from Vintage Vibe Guitars in Oregon in mine. Nice improvement.

12. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    "Make me a fair offer" BUMP.

13. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    "Make me an offer on the pickup" BUMP !