Brand new Third Eye Blind Single!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ethon, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Not sure if that was sarcastic or not...either way...Third Eye Blind is one of the greatest modern bands, and probably in my top 5 of all time.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

i mean hooray!

oh, and since this is music related, it belongs in miscellaneous at least, or better yet, in recordings.
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

I mean

4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    once again, complete silence............
  5. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    So who else is in your top 5? Hanson? Great White?
  6. Great White killed all their fans, and Hanson's probably plotting to do the same. :eek: :bag:
  7. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    1) The Who
    2) The Clash
    3) Soul Coughing
    4) Cat Stevens
    5) Third Eye Blind
  8. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I actually liked that song "Semi Charmed Kind Of Life", or whatever it's called. I have a soft spot for that old cheerful skate-pop.
  9. [​IMG]
  10. It's a freebie thread!

BTW, that song is....well. I guess recorded well. The music/idea/lyrics are poopy. Sorry man, it'd be a good song to hear in the background at a department store.
  11. I have Third Eye Blind's first album. I like it, though I haven't listened to it in years. They're not on my list of favorite bands, but I felt that overall the songs on that album were well done. And they're not all poppy songs like "Semi Charmed Kind of Life." Some of my favorite songs on that album like "God of Wine" definitely don't fit the poppy mold.

However, they're horrible live. I saw them on Letterman one night and the singer was totally in a different zone let alone off key. Horrible, horrible live band. For that they lost all credibility from me.

Goes to show how good a great sound engineer can be.
  12. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Third eye who?????????:confused:
  13. I don't know who they are, sorry.

(freebie:rolleyes: :cool: )
  14. that would be pretty ironic if some dude who had three eyes was blind.
  15. I beg to differ. I saw them (with Tonic as opening act) on their "Blue" tour and they were awesome. Stephen's singing was great, on key and rarely forced. Arion Salazar is also a great bassist.

BTW, the last three tracks on their first album flow perfectly with tremendous beauty.
  16. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    The rest of your top five rules. I feel like an ass now.

But not really.

Oh yeah...