Brand new true bypass phaser for $30? Anyone else try this one?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bzmarc, May 9, 2019.

1. bzmarc

bzmarc

Nov 22, 2006
    I just bought my first phaser.....Just out of curiosity bought from Amazon a Koogo phaser for $29.99. Being not familiar with the brand I actually bought the $3.99 4yr Asurion music accident protection plan Amazon offered so my total was STILL only $33.98. I did not find that much info about this pedal but I was just curious of the sound and quality especially because it seemed to be the only one to fit on my board without getting a bigger board. I bought it really just for Stranglehold which I started recently playing regularly on one of my gigs. I do know that the MXR script Phase 90 was used on Stranglehold (Rob Grange personally answered that on Talkbass years ago very thankfully!).

My thoughts.....I did not find any sound quality loss by putting in the chain and it does what I want it to do. At the same time it is the first phaser I have used and have nothing to really compare it with. Is there anyone willing to compare it to the Phase 90 and/or the like and share your thoughts?
    Koogo phaser.jpg I also have a picture of my board. I was psyched to able to just be able squeeze it on my Nano Plus without taking off any of the others and without any of the pedals going outside the board (for now! ha!).

Pedalboard.JPG
    Thanks in advance and keep groovin!
    -Marc

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Sorry I can't offer a comparison, because I've never tried the Koogo. but I have a question..

Does the Koogo PPH-1 have any noticable volume drop/boost with or without any other pedals after it?

I have an MXR Script Phase 90 (which I really like a lot), but it has a pretty noticable volume drop if it's the last pedal in my chain. As long as I put another pedal after it, there is no volume drop (or boost).
    How does the PPH-1 perform in this regard?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021