Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BRAND X-LOVERS.......

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by CRICKETBREATH, Feb 22, 2003.

1. FIRST, I MUST GIVE PROPS TO ALL THE TB-ERS

WHO HAD REPLIED TO ME THAT I NEED TO

DISCOVER A FRETLESS MONSTER NAMED PERCY

JONES! GOOD GOD!, HE IS JUST THE CRAZINESS I

HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR! I'VE PICKED UP MOST OF

HIS SOLO/TUNNELS WORK, BUT IS THERE ANYONE

WHO REALLY KNOWS BRAND X'S WORK AND CAN

DIRECT ME AS TO THEIR MOST KICKIN' CDS? ALSO,

DO THEY HAVE CDS WITHOUT VOCALS? (I'M WAY

TOO PICKY ABOUT SINGERS!)

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Brand X is an instrumental band (for the most part), though there are some "subtle" vocals on just a very few of thier tunes ("Noddy Goes To Sweden" comes to mind). As far as what to get, I would recommend getting any and all of thier releases. One of my personal favorites is "Livestock", but eventually you should get all of them IMO.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Hmm, I'm only familiar with Product but it's got at least one full-on song, "Don't make waves", with Phil singing. Cheesy but catchy.

4. Q-Phonix

Q-Phonix

Sep 28, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Phil Collins is a kick A$$ drummer. My two cents:)

5. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    check out Morrocan Roll

6. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Perhaps you should have your "Caps Lock" key looked at.

Brand X is a great band. I totally dig the tune "Nuclear Burn". Great band, scary good musicians... back before Phil decided that he'd be a better singer than drummer.

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i only know post collins Brand X (thank god...tho he was a good drummer) and never heard a vocal track that i can remember.

8. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Ok well, to be honest with you I haven't heard most of it for a while, mine's all on vinyl and I just don't use the turntable anymore, been meaning to replace my collection with CD's. But I still thought that most of it was instrumental. The only one I have on CD is "Livestock" and that's probably why I mentioned it as a fave.

Also I wanted to note that on the early albums ("Unorthodox Behavior", "Morrocan Roll", "Livestock") Percy played a Fender Precision. On "Masques", "Product", "Do They Hurt?", & "Is There Anything About?" he played a Wal bass.
    I'd recommend all seven of those that I just mentioned, that whole period was thier heyday before the band started breaking up I think.
    This was what turned me onto getting my first fretless Wal in 1984 too BTW.