Brands of Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Apr 30, 2001.

1. I asked about a 5 string bass and most of you recommended bass brands I've never heard of. Can someone tell me where I can get one of these "better" 5 stringers? ( I live in northern MA just above Boston)
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Shoot fire! The Pedulla factory is near Boston. Mighty fine basses. Here's my Pedulla. 5-string fretless ThunderBolt, AAA flame top, Bartolini pickups and TBT electronics, cheesey gold hardware. The fretted version of this also kicks serious butt. Also, you can check out their site.

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm with Munji, here. I have a Pedulla Rapture. This bass is so easy to play and has a killer tone. This is the bass that I take to my lessons because it's so easy to play. Street prices are pretty good on these and the build quality is great. It's a winner. Embellisher has a Rapture also and he always has good things to say about his Perduller.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Did somebody page me?:)

I never miss a chance to sing the praise of my Rapture.

I have the J2 model, which to me is the ultimate Jazz style 5 string. Tight, authoritative B, Bart pickups and preamp, nice wide V shaped thin profiled neck.

Might as well post a pic!:p

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I just about bought a Rapture instead of my Cirrus 5. Very nice basses, but they just didn't quite do it for me like my Peavey. (Although I still wanna get one someday)

6. Williebee

May 4, 2001
    There are many great 5 strings out there. If you already have a style of playing with a 4 string bass, I think it is time well spent to look at what you are used to with your current instrument. Things like string spacing, body shape for feel and familiar sounds are all decisions that will mean the difference between playing your new 5 string often or selling it on these pages in a year. Look at the specs of your go to current bass. P, J, Ric, etc. Does it have a 1 1/2 in nut, 3/4 in spacing at the bridge, what sound am I most comfortable with and realistically, how much is in my budget? Something as small as 1/16th in. of string spacing for a finger style player can make a huge difference in comfort.
    I hope this helps in your search for the perfect 5 string. Good Luck!!