Brands you never heard but want to....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guac mole, Jul 13, 2001.

1. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    Do you ever feel like there's an overwhelming amount of brands out there that you've never got the chance to play from? I went to sam ash to look for a combo amp for practice and small gigs and all they had were three brands to choose from: Ashdown, Gallien-Krueger, and Hartke. Man if I'm going lay out the cash I'm going to want to try out more than just three brands. So I guess what I'm asking is what brands would you like to see at your local music shop. Here's mine:

Tech21 ( - i think their pedals and preamps rock, so i'm assuming their amps and cabinets have the same craftsmanship.

EBS ( I've heard nothing but great things from these Swedish developers, Fafner anyone? Again well built equipment, but I haven't got the chance to hop on a plane to eurodisney to try these combos out. Check out the drome and gorm combos on their website.

Warwick ( - I own a warwick and love the sound. it only makes sense to want to hear the company's amps.

Carvin ( - can't beat those prices. but i need to hear them first!

Oh and if you own one of these combos fill me in on what you think.
  2. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    i totally agree guac. i'd like to audition carvin, ebs, aguilar, and EA. sorry, but i'm not going to drive across multiple states to do so. i bought swr, and i'm totally satisfied.
  3. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    captainpabst is that pabst for pabst blue ribbon beer?
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Blah blah blah......I get tired of seeing Peavey and Fender....thats ALL that anybody has around here when it comes to amps. And with basses you only have Peavey, Fender, and Ibanez. Thats it....nothing else. So you should consider yourself lucky that you get to play the higher end stuff.
  6. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Mesa/Boogie, dood.
  7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Yeah, I second that.
    In fact thats all you can get here too!!
  8. MypartnerStinks

Jun 19, 2001
  9. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Fellers, fellers...JMX is in Cologne GERMANY. Just like he's
    gonna' see a lot of Warwick, EBS, etc., All we's gonna
    see is a lot of Fender, Peavey, etc. Shipping == $$$ :)
  10. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Aguilar, Warwick, Fafner...
  11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've heard everything. Isn't that sad?;)
  12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Well lessee here....which would I rather see, EBS or Peavey?:p:D
  13. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    yep guac - pabst as in pabst blue ribbon, the beer.

good olde tyme flavour! hahaha!

can't beat the spirit of pabst. i should start my own cabinet company - pbr cabs. heh. ;)
  14. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  15. Carvin for me.. does anyone have a sound clip of their amps or cabs? No stores carry them, except in Cali. Their RL410 cab looks so great for that price!

All guitar center carries is SWR, GK, and a few others that I had no desire to try. SWR sounded great, but also overrated.