Brass Knobs, NOT GOLD, where to get them

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by garmenteros, Feb 23, 2010.

1. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get actual brass knobs, not gold like I see everywhere where they advertise them as brass but they're gold actually.

My alembic spoiler has no knobs (I got it this way) and brass hardware and gold knobs wouldn't match. I checked ebay a few dozen times to no avail and haven't seen them selling anywhere else online. I saw some old charvel 70s or 80s buttons that were brass but they sold like for 20 30 dollars a pair and are quite rare. Anyways just want some help here and pointed in the right direction... If anyone happens to have some they want to load shoot me a PM...

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been curious of this, too, since I've got brass unfinished saddles on the bridge of my Paisley Jazz bass. I've got gold tophat knobs on it now, but they're kind of gaudy and glare at me whenever I play it.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Subscribed, I'd like to know too.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Talk to David King, I'll bet he knows a vendor if he doesn't do them himself.

5. Subscribed- I have a funky old brass bridge & would love to have all-brass hardware(tuners, nut & knobs). Are the tuners on the OP's Alembic brass?

6. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    The nut, bridge and tailpiece as well. The tuners are regular stainless steel. But regular knobs won't look nice in my opinion and most of the gold ones just look tacky, ones i've seen online on ebay anyway.

7. Ironically, I believe a lot of chrome-plated knobs are actually brass underneath.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021