1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brassmaster-type pedal options

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pbass2, Mar 6, 2008.

1. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I currently run VERY few effects, at the most an MF-101, SYB-3 synth pedal, and either my Tri-Logic or Sadowsky outboard pre. Otherwise, I'm just a bass/DI kinda guy(I use a JDI live and now a REDDI in the studio which I adore). The ONLY thing I'm wanting to add to my lean set-up, is some kind of distortion pedal. In my gut, I know what I want--I had an original Maestro Bass Brassmaster back in the day, and that's the sound I hear.
    Now, I do have a BassPOD XTLive which has a pretty good Brassmaster model in it, but I hate that unit overall with a passion--in fact that's the only setting I use, aside from JMJ's subdub preset:) I don't want to haul around that toy just for one distortion box model. I just don't trust the damn thing and it sounds "flat" anyways.
    So, what are the new Brassmaster-sounding reissues or newbies out there? I know of the Black Cat--that might be the answer. Are there others?

2. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Prescription Electronics Depth Charge and Malekko B:Assmaster.

3. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Holy Cow--those both look killer. I just might have to spring for that germanium Malekko--wow.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I greatly disliked that pedal

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, me too...

6. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Any reason for the dislike?

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Crap w/ active basses. I liked the blend but Steve thought it was average.

8. eyvindwa

eyvindwa Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    I absolutely love my B:ASSMASTER (the non-germanium version, that is). Be sure to check it out!