1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Brawley 5-string - awesome bass for wicked low dough

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RickC, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Price:
    $325
    Strings:
    I picked this up awhile back here on TB and was floored by how good a bass it was, especially considering the price I paid. I'm passing it on for the same low $$$.

35 inch scale, swamp ash body, about 8.3 lbs. Electronics have been upgraded to to SD Basslines active soapbars with an SD 3 band preamp. I've always been a fan of the Bassline soaps and they *kill* in this bass. The bass was refinished by the previous owner with hand rubbed poly; it's not a pro job but it is excellent. The neck was also professionally re-sized from 2" width at the nut down to 1 13/16's and then re-finned with tung oil; a pro job all the way and you'd never tell it was changed. Also includes a new custom bone nut.

The neck on this bass is thin and fast; super comfortable and plays clean and even all over. In fact, the evenness of tone all over the neck is remarkable. The low B is excellent; as good as you would want, and better than some I've seen on instruments costing thousands more.

I'm looking for $325, shipped in conus. Roadrunner bag included. A ridiculously good bass for the money.

resized-dscf2790-.

reszied-dscf2791-.

resized-dscf2792-.

resized-dscf2793-.

/rick

2. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    As the former owner of this bass, I just want to say that this is all that Rick says it is. The name may be unfamiliar to you, but the quality is there. I have maybe 30 or more hours of labor in the sanding and refinishing of this bass/neck. It plays with great low action. The weight is a little over 8 lbs, but the bridge weighs 10 oz. This bass is VERY light and can be made lighter for those of you with back issues if you wanted to say add an aluminum bridge...........gets it down to 7 lbs and change.
    If you are looking for a quality 5 at a bargain price..............grab it!!

3. RickC

Jun 9, 2005
    5-banger bump

/rick

4. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    What's the string spacing at the bridge? Number of frets? Thanks.

5. RickC

Jun 9, 2005
    Sorry just saw this. I think it's 18mm but I'll verify that tonight. 24 frets.

/rick

6. RickC

Jun 9, 2005
    Checked last night - 18.25mm

/rick

7. Rick I will take it you have a pm.

8. RickC

Jun 9, 2005
    still available

/rick