brawley basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by digidealaybb404, Apr 8, 2005.

1. brawley basses. does anyone have one of these i tired one out and was looking for a website. and i cant find one.
  2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    a local shop used to carry them, but just for a little while as they did not sell well at all. The model I tried had a quilted maple top and was red. It also had the widest fretboard on a 5-string I've ever played. I did not like it at all.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I have a 6 string and I love it. Shoot any questions you have. I highly suggest one. I played one of their 4 strings too and it was schweet.

EDIT: The website is but it's down for a really long time.

Here's some info. Keith Brawley used to be a luthier for Fender. Their manufactured in Asia somewhere, where PRS's are manufactured.
  4. yeah if i were to get one it would be a sixer. and it wont be until after i get a half stack. or if i got a bunch of money somehow. and where did u get yours.
  5. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    If I have my info correct, Keith Brawley was not a luthier, but managed Fender Asian manufacturing. He left Fender when they started their Mexico plant and started his own company manufacturing in Asia. The Brawley guitar company has been out of business for a few years, and Mr. Brawley was the national guitar department manager at Guitar Center, last I heard. I have a Brawley 5-string and it is a really nice Korea-made instrument. If you find one, check it out. I would LOVE to have a mahogany one. I have also heard the guitars are really nice. Only available used or NOS on occasion. The website is dead.

You can get info on these instruments at .
  6. awsome. does anyone know where i could get a sixer and how much it would cost. i already checked ebay.,
  7. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    they got them at the milwaukee guitar center there not to bad for the $$$ but alot of stuff these day are not bad for money !!

somewhat heavy looks like it is built well
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I got mine at Guitar Center. Originally $1200, then $600, and we talked him down to $500.

That was a steal deal. Check out your GC. He said the 6ers didn't get into every GC, but they could probably order one for you.

Here are my specs:
    Ash Body (Flame Top)
    Canadian Maple Neck (thru-neck)
    35" Scale with 24 Frets
    Passive Mighty Mite Soapbars
    Active EQ

And I know i'm leaving out some stuff but just ask me.
  9. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I was at the Chicago/Arlington Heights GC about two hours ago. They had a selection of Brawley's.
  10. Quickloops

Apr 21, 2005
    Wow. When I go to the music shop with my lady, I usualy have about 5 to 7 minutes to scout the joint. I picked up the brawley, played it without an amp, decided I wanted to own it and had 3-4 minutes to scout about. This ones a keeper.

Neck Through, response is great, tonal spectrum is amazingly broad (though I find it hard to get close to a J.B. or precision tone). My only gripe is of a personal nature and that is the spacing between the strings. The strings are to close togehter for my personal tastes. I like it enough to adjust a bit. Exellent Job.