1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brawley basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Drfaust13, Aug 31, 2002.

1. I was out looking for a new bass yesterday when my friend handed me by far the heaviest bass I have ever held. I don't mean heavy sounding, but weight heavy. I checked out the brand and saw that it was made by a company called Brawley. After doing some research I found out that Brawley was started in 2001 by Keith Brawley ( ex fender overseas manager or something). I was just wondering if anyone else had heard or played a Brwley bass and if so what did you think of it compared to the longer established companies. BTW I plan on buying either that bass or a varient of very soon. Thanks for your time.

Here is the site to check out some of Brawley's stuff: http://www.brawleyguitars.com/

2. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    I don`t know man.

It looks wierd to me, just because there`s no real photos on the website. All guitars are just digital made graphics... why?

Call me old-fashioned, but I like to see some good photos on a Luthier`s website.

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i played one at mars the other day now that u say it. it felt like a $200 bass. nothing good about it. I didnt see an exact price but it felt and sounded pretty cheap to me.

4. I dislike the Louisville-Slugger feel and 35" scale on the neck. Keith sez they will never build a 34" neck, but if I gotta have 35" then gimme Peavey. For some reason the Cirrus and Millenium necks feel great in my hands. I do like the right hand comfort and versatility of the Brawleys, so if they can ever get the neck to my liking...

5. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I played one at a local store and the first thing i noticed was how chunky the neck felt. It's almost like a lightly sanded 2x4. The neck profile is almost flat, with the edges being at really sharp angles. So the neck looked like this ~>[ as opposed to this ~> C.
    Maybe some people think that's a good thing but i didn't like it. I don't like the styling much either.