Brawley basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Drfaust13, Aug 31, 2002.

1. I was out looking for a new bass yesterday when my friend handed me by far the heaviest bass I have ever held. I don't mean heavy sounding, but weight heavy. I checked out the brand and saw that it was made by a company called Brawley. After doing some research I found out that Brawley was started in 2001 by Keith Brawley ( ex fender overseas manager or something). I was just wondering if anyone else had heard or played a Brwley bass and if so what did you think of it compared to the longer established companies. BTW I plan on buying either that bass or a varient of very soon. Thanks for your time.

Here is the site to check out some of Brawley's stuff:
  2. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    I don`t know man.

It looks wierd to me, just because there`s no real photos on the website. All guitars are just digital made graphics... why?

Call me old-fashioned, but I like to see some good photos on a Luthier`s website.
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i played one at mars the other day now that u say it. it felt like a $200 bass. nothing good about it. I didnt see an exact price but it felt and sounded pretty cheap to me.
  4. I dislike the Louisville-Slugger feel and 35" scale on the neck. Keith sez they will never build a 34" neck, but if I gotta have 35" then gimme Peavey. For some reason the Cirrus and Millenium necks feel great in my hands. I do like the right hand comfort and versatility of the Brawleys, so if they can ever get the neck to my liking...
  5. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I played one at a local store and the first thing i noticed was how chunky the neck felt. It's almost like a lightly sanded 2x4. The neck profile is almost flat, with the edges being at really sharp angles. So the neck looked like this ~>[ as opposed to this ~> C.
    Maybe some people think that's a good thing but i didn't like it. I don't like the styling much either.