1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Braylon Lacey, Erykah Badu NASTY GROOOVE!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Does anybody know what kind of P bass hes bangin' here, its not stock Fender, its got block inlays in the neck but its not as narrow as a Jazz neck, I'm guessing Fender custom shop. This band is super tight and in the pocket.

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    That's a sunburst Marcus Miller J that he's playing in that clip.

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Yeah thanks Jauqo, I went back and tried to get a clearer shot, it was hard to see the pickguard but I was able to catch the very top of it. The band jumps into some nasty grooves throughout the song too.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    You're welcome.

5. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    They sound to me like they are on top of the pocket as opposed to being deep in the pocket like the recording.

6. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Very nice groove!!!!!!!!!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hmmm...doesn't matter! That was just nasty. I love the way some of these young soul bass players play!

8. Part of the reason is that they took the song a little faster than usual. She hardly ever does a song the same way. Other Side of the Game and Didnt Cha Know are still my fav clips from this. Braylon crushes with that MM and Aguilar rig.

9. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I do believe it was what Eryka wanted, which is clearly a big deviation from the recording, her sense of groove is just fabulous, she's definitely different but she's funky!