1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Break out that fretless, and mike up that Hartke. Gimme some ZING please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 00Funk, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Ah, nice clips but I think they might be in the wrong area. Shouldn't this be under recordings?

2. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Dude, as already pointed out by another poster, stuff like this belongs in the recordings forum.

Cheers,
    Liam

3. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    and looks like a shirt and pants are required too

4. 00Funk

00Funk Inactive

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    This thread is about HARTKE as in, Hartke amps ? Hello. Its definately not about my sorry bass playing.
    Its about getting that fretless zing from a Hartke cab.
    I would like to hear some zing, from a GOOD fretless player. Please ?

5. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    So let me get this straight: you posted all those 17 clips + vids because you are looking for advice on getting a certain tone from your Hartke gear on fretless? That didn't really come across, imho. It just looks like you posted a bunch of clips of you playing, saying "Hey! Listen to my fretless Zing!" rather than asking for tone advice ... again, that's imho.

Anyway, I'm not completely sure what you mean by zing. And I can't really tell much about your tone because of the heavy effects you're using. What sort of tone are you looking for?

Good luck,
    Liam

6. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    No.

He posted those clips to give us an idea of what the "zing" sounds like from the aluminum coned hartke cabs.

Funk,

Thanks for taking the time to share :)

7. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Okay, NOW I get it!!! I didn't get the Zing/Aluminum connection, for some reason.

Anyway, looking back over my replies, I see that I probably came off as belligerent and condescending, and I apologize for that ...

Best of luck,
    Liam

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021