Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Breakfast food is the best.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I like carrots.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Does anyone else find that food designed for breakfast is simply the best food around? If I'm going to a diner, or any other place that serves breakfast food all day, then that's what I'll order. I always found that it tastes sooo much better and is more filling than food typically suited for lunch or dinner.

Eggs, Bacon, Pancakes, Ham, omlettes, fruit, juice, all that good stuff; I love it! Breakfast sandwhiches are great too. If I order an equivolent of the breakfast sampler at IHOP, I'm set for several hours at least. Good stuff.

Just as a note, I'd like to see if anyone knows why mcdonalds (and to an extent, similar places, but this is the best example I can think of, due to the suckiness of their other food) only serves breakfast in the morning. Their burgers, chicken etc are horrible, but just about all of their breakfast sandwhiches are yummy. They would get my business all the time if they just served breakfast all day. (This applies to other places like dunkin donuts, and any fast food place that has breakfast sandwhiches as well.)

What's your take on this?

2. i like eating sushi for breakfast.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yes, Breakfast is MY meal. I am a strong believer in Breakfast as the most important meal of the day. at home we make waffles from scratch, pancakes from scratch, poached eggs with avocado and tomato on sour-dough bread. hash browns, fruits and veggies, and cereal.

Of course, since I've been living away from home I haven't had these luxuries as much as I'd like, but my mom usually helps me make a fine breakfast when I come to visit.

4. sorry, i don't like breakfast. I usually have whatever's left over from dinner the night before, if i even eat breakfast. I just can't get used to breakfast foods...but i've had carrots for breakfast, so i voted carrots...

Charlie

5. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I'm a breakfast kinda guy myself as well. I almost always eat breakfast food for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes even dinner too. Cereal is one of my favorite foods and contributed to my excessive weight.

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'd prefer a Huge steak for dinner. *drools*

7. Boo. I like muffins, but they're not exactly breakfast only kinda snacks. I don't really like the traditional breakfast foods.

8. POP FRICKEN' TARTS!

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    breakfast rules! but since i'm a bumpkin from nowhere, south carolina, i dig grits with my eggs, please, sir...and the current breakfast wonder to me is the sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle...food of the gods...but yeah, the whole traditional breakfast with everything is the doo doo

10. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yep, breakfast is the best. I often eat it for lunch and dinner. My fav.......3 egg omelette with chedder cheese and two pieces of buttered toast. If I'm lucky, the toast is cinnamon raison toast. Oh yeah, lots of salt on the eggs too. Top it all off with a gigantic cup of home brewed french roast coffee with a table spoon of French Vanilla creamer and you're off to a great day.

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i wish i could eat breakfast :(

12. I consider cereal to be a masterwork for food. I love Kashi crunch and Musli, as well as sugar smacks and honey comb. Froot Loops if the kids are hankerin'.

I love toast as well. With peanut butter...yum a dum dum.

And eggs on toast is pretty stellar as well.

Then again, I think that cereal and sandwiches , beyond pizza, which needs more prep, are some of the most perfect foods out there.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Breakfast rules!

Denny's other menu items suck, but their breakfast menu is inexpensive and very good. And they serve it anytime you are in the mood. Of course, so does IHOP.

Grits, neptoon? I LOVE GRITS!

Who else likes redeye gravy? What about chocolate gravy? YUM!

i wonder what's for breakfast...

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yesh, GRITS! redeye gravy rocks...and biscuits with sausage gravy! oh my...my tummy is rumblin' :D

15. Oooooh short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but.
    I do like breakfast meals, expecially bacon and eggs, but i laso like to take my time when i'm eating breakfast, if i'm running late i tend to skip, ideally i'd like to have a couple of hours to cook up a feast for breakfast.

Oh and i really like McDonalds sausage and egg McMuffins, they are tasty.

Bassis

16. how do they get the surup taste in mcgriddles??????

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    there are small pockets of syrup injected or something into the pancake thingies

18. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    any food that involves injection processes is not good to eat i think :p

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ya mean like say a twinkie? you're nuts :D

20. I'm more of a lunch and dinner man myself.

But bagels rule. End of story.