1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Breaking Bad Movie Confirmed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OldDog52, Nov 8, 2018.

1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I saw a blurb somewhere about this a couple days ago, figured it was just speculation. Now Bryan Cranston has confirmed it.

Bryan Cranston confirms 'Breaking Bad' movie happening - CNN

(CNN)A "Breaking Bad" movie is really happening, yo.

The series star Bryan Cranston appeared on Wednesday's episode of "The Dan Patrick Show" and confirmed the project.

"Yes, there appears to be a movie version of 'Breaking Bad, but I honestly have not even read the script," Cranston said. "I have not gotten the script, I have not read the script. So there's the question of whether or not we'll even see Walter White in this movie. Think about that one."

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Ugh. If it’s not amazing then it’ll be a travesty.

AboutSweetSue, nixdad, joebar and 4 others like this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    "Amazing Travesty" is a cool band name.

4. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    How can they possibly do a BB movie without Walter White? They’ve already told his entire story from high school chemistry teacher to Heisenberg.

nixdad and Thick McRunfast like this.
  5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Seems it’ll be about unfinished story lines. To me that has to mean Jesse. Where did he go when he drove off in the El Camino? Did he go see Brock? Did he become a junky? I’d like to think he got better, moved somewhere and everything turned out okay, but that doesn’t make good tv.

DaveDeVille likes this.
  6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I suppose they could do Walter White’s Brain Matter story with Gretchen but that’s too mundane for Breaking Bad.

7. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    I wonder if there’s more story to tell during the time Walt was holed up in that remote cabin in New Hampshire. He was there for months. Vince Gilligan has hinted there could be a tie-in between Walter White and Saul Goodman (Gene Takavik, Cinnabon store manager) during that time.

8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Maybe. And it is a movie so it could have a single, contained story. I’d rather see Jesse. One man alone in a basement could potentially be a great story though. We’ll see.

9. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, I’d like to see more of Jesse’s story. But I’m not sure Jesse can carry an entire movie.

10. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don’t know. Jesse from the last episode? Scarred up and broken and giddy? They could pick up from exactly where they left off with him driving and screaming and that could be pretty awesome.

OldDog52 likes this.
  11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I can’t remember where Jesse stood at the end as far as the cops go. Was the tape buried with Hank? No one but him and Gomez knew anything right?

12. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    I’m fairly certain only Hank and Gomez knew. There wouldn’t be a manhunt for Jesse as far as I know.

I’m a big Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul fan, but I’m not sure what the point of the movie is. I’m surprised Vince Gilligan is doing it, considering we already have an ongoing continuation of that universe with BCS. But if it happens, I will definitely watch.

13. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    I was speculating about the Vince Gilligan connection with the movie. But I can’t imagine a BB movie that Gilligan isn’t involved with.

14. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    AMC probably owns the rights, and tv networks like money....

I’d like to think if it was up to Gillian his artistic integrity would only let them make a movie if it’s gonna brilliant, but I’m sure he also likes money.

OldDog52 likes this.
  15. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    He’s involved. I’ve read a few articles that confirmed it.

OldDog52 likes this.
  16. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis

17. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Do you have a cogent argument to make or are you just sore? Feel free to hit that report button.

Is chiming into a thread about cherry coke just to say it’s poison equivalent to saying I hope this movie will be good otherwise it’ll be a travesty? Are those coequal?

wesonbass, Eric Perry and BurnOut like this.
  18. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Look out, it’s poison! ;)

4B84B311-1909-4FAE-A9E5-A35A90CE97FC.

DaveDeVille, BurnOut and Gorn like this.
  19. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Dasani does kinda taste weird. So does Aquafina. I think they’re Pepsi.

Anyway, how about Breaking Bad huh? I wonder if it’s gonna be in theaters or on AMC.

20. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Just messing with you, man. Maybe lighten up a bit.