1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Holy War, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Helllllz ya!

Best show on TV hands down. Did anyone else see the season premiere tonigt? Looks like Walt has some serious turbulance in front of him. I hope he "brings it."

2. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    Man that show is great. I am nowhere near up to date on it, but i started watching it when it first premiered. Awesome show.

3. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Aw man, the show just gets nuts. Walt has SO many external and internal problems and conflicts, and watching him deal with them all is just so much fun. Not to mention the absolutly amazing acting the show has, and the great writing.

4. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    The acting in that show is phenomenal, and it's such a unique plot.

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    yup, thats the cool thing about it, its original.

6. bassistkll

bassistkll

Sep 23, 2007
    Ventura, CA
  7. i swear i almost crapped my pants when walt went at it with the bbq... good lord...

after dexter, this has got to be my favorite show, and im really looking forward to the insanity that is going to be this season. the whole writers strike definitely messed with season one, and i kind of feel like it made the whole arc of season two get weird (pushed the [real] end of s01 into s02 a bit), so for them to finally make an already amazing show exactly like they want will be pretty sweet.

the only thing that threw me off is how they turned the spotlight on the big elephant in the room without a whole lot of build up or backlash. obviously thats not where the tension is coming from this season (though you dont have to be a genius to gather that the skull boot twins have a lot to do with that).

anyone think cranston can make it 3/3 next time the emmys come around?

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What's this show about? I don't have cable.

bc

9. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I took one look at the previews before it began, and decided I had no interest in watching someone turn into a drug dealer. Never watched it - never will.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I watched the narathon on Saturday, best episodes from Seasons 1 & 2. I had heard of the show and it sounded interesting, so I stopped to watch the final 10 minutes of an episode and I was hooked. Watched a few more season 2 episodes and then the Season 3 premiere last night. Awesome show!

12. Love that show, but I'm not up to date on it. It is pretty damned awesome tho!

13. masterfader87

masterfader87

Jan 18, 2010
    Walt's not a dealer, he's a manufacturer. (Still can't believe he finally told his wife)

I absolutely LOVE this show. Been watching it religiously since its beginning. Its so perfect is so many ways.

Im nervous about those two mexican dudes, some serious sh*t is about to go down.

14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

And the practical difference is.......? He's still portraying a low life. I can watch the aftermath of bad drug deals on the evening news.

15. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Its actually a very interesting story, the gist:

High School Chemistry teacher finds out he has cancer. He has no money for his treatment/operation and does not want to burden his family with it.

So, with his chemistry background, he takes up making meth. With sexy results.

16. masterfader87

masterfader87

Jan 18, 2010
    The show is way deeper then just his meth manufacturing. (which by the way he only does because he has lung cancer and wanted to raise a lot of quick money so his family wouldn't struggle when he's gone)
    I've never done meth or any hard drugs, and i never will. In fact i hate them with a passion and the people involved.
    Plain and simple its just an amazing show.
    The acting, the story line, the directing, the style of filming, the character development, the crazy plot twists and turns.
    It just keeps you on the edge of the couch the entire episode.
    I respect that its not your thing but don't judge a show by its preview, just like you shouldn't judge a book by its cover or a man by his appearance.

With all the crappy reality shows and other worthless garbage on TV now-a-days its nice to see a show that actually has depth.

17. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I noticed last nights episode was directed by Bryan Cranston (the main actor for those who dont know). I had no idea he directed. His acting is phenominal, I hadnt the slightest that Hal from Malcolm in the Middle was so awesome!

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's about a chemistry teacher, diagnosed with cancer, and a handicapped son, hustling to make a nest egg for his family in case he dies. He does this by creating some the purest crystal meth the market has ever seen. It's an amazing show. Really well done, and the actors are all top notch.

I'm pissed. My cable provider changed interface for everything and I lost my program settings. I just found out that it missed recording the premiere last night. Now I have to look it up online.

19. Yep, Walt's a mess. And what does Jesse mean when he says he's just bad, and he has to accept it? Is he going to go further into the dark side?

And I guess it would be too easy for Walt just to confess to Skylar that he's trying to raise fast cash to ensure her and the kid's future after he checks out. We have to milk this along for at least another season.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020