Breaking news re Hollywood sex scandals

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ptg, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    It appears that half of Hollywood has in some way sexually harassed the other half of Hollywood in some fashion.
    Now let's all carry on with our lives and try to end hunger, racism and pollution.

kobass, joebar, Tbone76 and 8 others like this.
  2. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    It's the industry that invented the casting couch.
    NYY7cDE.jpg

3. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    But you gotta admit it's a great way for has-beens and never-were's to get their mugs in front of the camera again. Whether it's the 80-yr-olds who claim this happened to them 60 years ago, or the current nobodies looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Don't get me wrong...not condoning any of it regardless of when it happened, but once again it's the self-important attention hogs coming out of the woodwork. Yawn.

Dr_Feelgoood212 likes this.
  4. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Funny how you never hear about this type of thing in the adult film industry.......

rojo412, JRA, Loring and 6 others like this.
  5. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Exactly. It's obvious that none of that behavior can be considered acceptable in any way but some of these people took settlements or just accepted lucrative jobs and never said a word so that the practice could continue.

6. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Lol, that's just wrong!

Loring, fhm555 and Aberdumbie like this.
  7. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    not laughing

8. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Not saying it's funny. Just can't take hypocritical people seriously who took the money and let these predators go free and are now outraged that they are still doing these terrible things.

MordBass likes this.
  9. devo_stevo

devo_stevo

Aug 2, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Builder: Brumbaugh Guitarworks
    Until you've walked in the shoes of someone that has been sexually abused or assaulted, I'd refrain from calling them names for not telling anyone. There is a level of psychological trauma that occurs when someone does that to you that cuts deeper than you can imagine.

As far as I'm concerned, every one of these dirty bastards should be outed and made to pay for what they've done.

10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    And therein lies the problem for me. If you sold your soul to finance a career in movies, you have no voice in my view. Sure, the predators should be punished. But the prey had options. These are not lions and lambs. This could have been stopped decades ago. The exception is those who were abused as children. They are just pure victims. But adults have choices to make. If you allow someone to grab your boobs or see you naked (or even worse) to get ahead and never blow the whistle, I have no sympathy for you. You not only compromised your own body/morals for gain, but you set up those who came after you to be abused as well.
    Several TV shows and awards shows made jokes about Harvey over the years. Everybody knew. And yet, nobody stopped it. Why? The desire for money, fame and power. Pure and simple.
    If Hollywood (and the surrounding hills where all the power lives) fell into the ocean it would be a net gain for the country and the planet as a whole.....albeit some serious pollution the ocean doesn't deserve.

(Slides soapbox under the desk and puts wagging finger back into holster....)

kobass, edwardthewave, Loring and 5 others like this.
  11. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I'm not going to go into my personal life but...we'll leave it at that.

MordBass likes this.
  12. devo_stevo

devo_stevo

Aug 2, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Builder: Brumbaugh Guitarworks
    Same here. :)

13. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    Men in power seem to think that their positions give them the authority to be creeps. I don't know if they were not raised right, if they become drunk on their own power, or if their driven personality means they are inclined towards this sort of behavior. In US culture we worship the Alpha Male, and tend for forget he is generally a knuckle dragging p***k with a moral compass that always points towards his johnson.
    There is nothing special about "Hollywood" other than the fact that it has an equal number of women in it. This sort of stuff goes in politics, finance, hi-tech, etc but women aren't as prevalent, and it they aren't industries were appearances mean everything or nudity is common.

devnulljp, maxmaroon and GregC like this.
  14. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    Actually you do, it is just that women in the adult biz have little or no voice in the mainstream. I read and heard interviews where women say sexual assault or abuse happens, but because society writes off the women in these fields, no one cares.

15. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Yeah, this topic will be locked soon enough.

I have to agree with @devo_stevo

You can’t know how you would react if you were faced with this, regardless of gender. The “prey” had very limited options, all of them lose-lose. May the perps be outed and rot in jail.

hbarcat, Mvilmany, fdeck and 5 others like this.
  16. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    This is true. I have seen stories where many of these woman were abused at a young age and if something happens to them they feel as if no one will care.

17. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I think we all agree that the offenders should be punished. It's all of the victims suddenly coming out en masse that is the issue.
    Will this be a quantum leap in morals for an entire industry? I would like to think so but somehow I doubt it.

dwm74 likes this.
  18. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    This thread should be shut down. It's offensive. Y'all are minimizing what happened to these women and acting like you would have done better in their shoes. I expect more compassion and understanding from the people here.

Teijo K., leonard, Loring and 6 others like this.
  19. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    i am totally not into victim blaming or shaming.

20. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I sincerely apologize. I didn't intend this to be offensive. Mods, please shut it down.

eJake likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.