1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

breaking up with my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Yes, the time has come again to share my woman problems with complete strangers. I want to let it out a bit, but not to my friends. So my almost 2 year relationship with my girlfriend has never been great, but over the summer things started to degrade badly. We were both treating each other really poorly. I did some stupid things that i regret, and i lost my ability to trust her. I love the times where both of us are happy but in the past 6 months this has been rare. The relationship probably should have ended long ago, but got dragged out, both of us being afraid to let go. I didnt think it would bother me that much, but i am seriously depressed about it. Ugh! I am not in the mood to play bass, but i might hit the gym tonight, which im sure will make me feel ok for a bit. :bawl:

2. Yeah...you need to end this. Just, you know, like, end it. It's not good for you.

3. End it brotha. I forced a dead end relationship for a while and was absolutely miserable. Best to go ahead and get it over with.

4. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Have you done it yet?

5. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I guess we are still talking about it, but its essentially over. We both realize that we need to move on. I know that in both of our minds we are already in broke up mode and thats why im so damn depressed.

6. You'll find someone else. Enjoy being single for awhile.

7. Been there dude. When I was in college I dated a chick for 4 years. In the beginning we were really close, but it went bad halfway in and we ended up staying together for about 2 years longer than we should have. People change. It sucks dealing with it, but you are going to feel like a new man when you realize that you are free to explore other relationships.

8. Don't drag it out longer than it needs to be. You need to break it off completely and not just be sort of broken up. It will be better for you two in the long run.

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If you are both on the same page, end it on the best terms you can and move on. Physical exercise and musical creativity can both be great outlets for feeling crappy.

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Cut the cord!

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Have sex with her one last time before you break up though. It's like drinking a glass of water before you enter your walk across the desert.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Go ahead, we're here for you. The doctor is in.

[​IMG]

13. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Definitely. Totally physical, I-don't-really-care-about-you-anymore-so-I'm-going-to-do-that-thing-you-never-wanted-to-do, crazy-drunk-monkey sex.

14. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    And to think that earlier today I started to post to this thread asking you if you'd be willing to give me her number and then stopped myself as to not be too insensitive...

...I've really got to remember who hangs around TBland!!

;)

15. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Here's some pointers!

16. I can completely understand how you feel, and sorry that you are going thru this...I am so sick of my husband and can't wait until I get a job so I can move! He is acting more like my dad and doesn't really support what I do.

17. Have sex with her and then tell her you can't date anymore because your gay. Trust me, I know these things I'm 15;)

18. This is a very bad way to make a bad situation worse. it'll cause problems for you and the girl for long times down the road. Trust me, I'm 19 and I know these things;)

19. Psh... whatever dude, we both know I'm right so lets just leave it at that.

20. rba.

except reword it a bit, do it, and record it, and post it here :D