Brennan B2 device that can hold music from 5,000 CDs and play radio stations, CDs and more

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Check out the Brennan B2 device that can hold music from 5,000 CDs and play radio stations, CDs, and much more

B2 Home Page

B2 uses FLAC compression that's a lossless compression technique so B2 stores an exact copy of what is on the CD.

2Tb model can store 5000 CDs as FLAC - perfect unadulterated copies of your CDs forever.

Find music quickly - just a few seconds to search for a track. Or simply scroll through albums using the volume knob.

If you want utter simplicity - the Next button turns B2 on and plays your music at random - don’t like what it plays just press again - music as simple as an electric kettle.

Listen to your favourite radio station - via the internet - now over 38,000 stations - so you can listen to New Orleans in Cambridge or BBC Radio Four in Spain.

FilterFunk, kobass and OldDog52 like this.
  2. Not cheap at $500.00.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Yeah. The 500Gb model is about $500 and the 2Tb model runs close to $700.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    I’m interested. Thanks for sharing.

FilterFunk and tonequixote like this.
  5. You can buy a computer that'll do all that and more for the same price, if not cheaper.

T_Bone_TL likes this.
  6. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    I have old laptops&desktops I wouldn't use for any real computing job that can do all that. Admittedly most would need a hard disk upgrade to manage the "5000 CDs" part, but that's cheap and the laptop or desktop is for all intents and purposes free, having passed "particularly useful for most general computing jobs" some time ago through obsolescence. Alternatively, you could put $500 into a new computer and it could do all that *and more!*

Indeed, my current jukebox is a 12 year old laptop with a dead screen that still runs and I can still remote into. Only 500-600 CDs on it yet, as I actually buy them, rather than being one of the charming folks who complains about the music industry not paying artists and then rips CDs from the library or even less savory sources. Couple of hundred records I still need to get through at some point, though... I was that close to buying two chainable 200 CD jukeboxes, but I realized that they would not be enough room anyway, and likely would have failed by now as complex electromechanical beasties do.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    ShredderMaximus likes this.
  7. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    The all-in-one-small-box part has value (to me anyway) as a convenience.

8. I was hoping this was more of a portable player.
    Not needed at home by me. Not at even half the price. Less than $150, then I might be interested.
    Russ

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021