1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brett Favre announcement

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cheezewiz, May 1, 2009.

1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd like to announce, the day that Brett Favre signs with the Minnesota Viqueens, I will be holding a jersey burning ceremony in my back yard. Beer and cigars will be served.

On the fire menu, one white authentic Packers #4 Jersey, one green replica Packers #4 jersey, and one green authentic Jets Jersey, #4.

The preceding items will be doused with lighter fluid, and sent up as black smoke. After that time, I will never speak the name "Favre", in any other but a negative fashion. Traitors will no longer be referred to as "Benedict Arnold", but will now be known as "Brett Favre".

If Brett actually retires, and does not associate himself with the hated cheating thieving love boat sailing whizzinator carrying ugly a$$ purple pukes from MN, all will be forgiven.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    whizzinator?:eek:

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    That man is making a mockery of an otherwise stellar career. He needs to quit now.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

'nuf said

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Each year instead of announcing that he's changed his mind about retiring, he should just hold a press conference to announce, "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead". The details beyond that are forgettable.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Am I the only one who sick and tired of Brett Farve announcements? :eyebrow:

7. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    cheezwiz, i'll be there. I saw his last game with the pack in the NFC championship. It should have ended there.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Sure JT...don't you remember the Viqueens running back Onterrio Smith that got busted with a "whizzinator"? It's a device rigged up to look like a fake dong that holds "clean" urine so you can test clean when you get your roid test. He was subsequently suspended by the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whizzinator

9. :smug:

...I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so......I told you so...

:D

10. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    As much as I hated seeing Joe Montana in a Chiefs uniform, I could never hold it against the guy. He wanted to be a Niner and the team pushed him out the door while he still had some good football left.

But Favre just seems to really be trying to stick it to Packers fans. Has anybody tarnished his reputation more among a group of fans that once loved him unconditionally?

Oh, and Onterrio Smith. Was doing my best to forget all about him. Jeez - he, Rae Carruth and Donte Stallworth are all from my hometown.

11. ...fixed it for you...

;)

12. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hey now settle down.....Childress is a tool, I respect adrian peterson actually the whole team is a bunh of bums....except Peterson....save a stogie and a beer for me. :p

13. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    he needs to get back to acting....oscar worthy in Theres Something About Mary

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I feel for ya, Cheez. I'll mail you some lighter fluid
    just to help out. I love burning stuff. Oh, and please
    take pics.

15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Brett Favre can play ANYwhere he wants to, ANY time he wants to, and I'll watch. Yes, I will always remember him as a packer, but the NFL discards players like gum wrappers, so why can't players sign with anyone who wants them? Would I have some heartburn if he played for the Vikes or Da Bearz? Yes, but I'd darn sure watch.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Is there talk he is going to the Vikes?

-Mike

17. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Can't we just stop the insanity? Please, please, please just go away once and for all ...... :help:

I'm sick of Farve(Favre??) ..... :atoz:

18. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

There is talk that after 'officially retiring' yesterday, that he
    just hired a personal trainer.

19. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    No, you're not, and I'm a Packer fan as well. Hang it up, Brett! :scowl:

20. No, I find them immensely entertaining.

He is such a TOOL as a human being, it pleases me to no end seeing him finally show his true self to all those that groveled around him while he was in Green Bay.

Yes, he's a talented QB, no question. He will be a first ballot HOF selection too.

He's a jack@$$ of a person though.

Just to show what he is thinking: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=544514