1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Am I the only who doesn't care about him and thinks he's completely overrated?

I mean come on... it's getting ridiculous.

2. FingeringAm

FingeringAm Inactive

Jun 28, 2008
    So Cal
    i think he's to blame cause he knew he wasnt going to stay retired - the way the fudge packers r handling it is just making it worse tho

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm a die hard Packer fan and a huge Brett Favre fan, and I'M getting sick of hearing about it. What's that tell ya?

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If you think you're getting bombarded nationally, we're getting completey carpet bombed locally. I'm really tired of hearing about it.

5. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Alot... Rofl.

This kind of stuff is the reason why the only thing football related I watch is the drafts and the games... Everything else is worthless, IMO.

6. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Who the duck is Brett Favre?

7. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Bring him to Tampa! :hyper:

8. I dont follow football that much but I saw his interviews on Greta Van Sustrens show. It seems like he should have stayed retired once he made that decision. Bitching about your former team and employer where you had such a legacy seemed stupid to me :rolleyes:

9. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I got tired of the 24x7 coverage a long time ago.

My son and I were watching a baseball game on ESPN this past Sunday night and they interrupted the game so we see every exciting minute of his plan landing. I was tired of it all before then, but it was at that point that I began to hate him.

Of course, it's not all his fault. The media shares half the blame too. Where did they get this ridiculous idea that I give a rat's patootie and need them to shove Brett Favre down my throat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in order to make it through my day?!?!?!

Enough already.

10. Up here in Canada, we get daily updates on the Brett Favre story, and around just as many (if not more) about Mats Sundin. I like both athletes a lot but am sick of their indecisiveness.

11. More Favre, More Packers.

Go you Packers, Go!

12. As I've already pointed out, won't help 'em one bit this season.

:smug:

;)

And as for the whole Bret FAR-VUH issue...well...I hate to say I told you so..wait...no I don't I'm ENJOYING telling you!!!

:D

13. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

14. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    What a cheesehead.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Speakin of Jive, I just read the Bores have surfaced as a possible trading partner again. I can imagine all the Bores fans heads would explode if they saw #4 behind their center. They'd know they had a better QB than they have ever had, but then they'd have to admit he was a great QB. Most of them probably couldn't handle it.

16. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    For how much Favre killed us in his prime, I can totally see him killing us again if he donned the Navy and Orange in latter years.

But, I don't see it happening. The Bears do not have $12.5 mil in cap space. Favre would have to restructure his contract and be willing to pay for significantly less if a trade like that were to happen. Plus, I can't imagine rooting for Favre. Can you?

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Now there are websites saying a trade to the Bucs is a done deal. It would be kinda nice to see Favre roast Gard's hopes.

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well, at least if we end up with Aaron Rogers as our only starting caliber QB, we can count on Grossman/Orton making him look good.

19. The only football player I know are the ones that play at my school, but I'm a big fan of Brett's last name.

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I think if the Packers end up trading Favre to the Viqueens, Thomspson will have signed his ticket out of town in the next year or two. That's a slap in the face to every Packer fan alive. Right now, best case is trading to the Bucs I think, although I'd rather see it be an AFC team.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021