Brian Barrett

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by James Hart, Sep 9, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Very up front and EXTREMELY helpful.

Not only have I bought and received 2 Benavente Basses along with strings and such but he has been able to pinpoint exactly the gear and specs I need to get the sound I hear in my head!
  2. goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Agreed! I have bough two Bergantinos from him (Ht-112/Ex-112) and he was extremely helpful and kind. Great man to do buisness with, and i highly reccomend him!
  3. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Yup! Brian is a great guy to do business with. Got my 2 Schroeders from him and he spent half a year with me building up a custom Benavente, (which unfortunately in the end I wasn't able to purchase due to unforseen financial circumstances.) He also helped me sell a few of my personal basses rather quickly. I highly recommend him to anybody needing a dealer with great customer service.
  4. I've been doing business with Brian for the past 6 years and he always treated me well with the utmost sincerity.
  5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Brian goes out of his way to hook you up. If he doesn't have it, he'll help you find it. Excellent follow up on everything I've dealt with. Very patient and honest too! :cool:
  6. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Yup, Brian is cool! I have done many deals with him...and more in the future :D
  7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    He's a bit of a moe but I've done business with BB for over 5 years now and never had a problem!

8. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I just picked up a Benavente Preamp from Brian....He even pre wired it for me.
    Very fast service(both in response and delivery).

I have also traded a few basses here and there with him.

No problems here!

9. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I've been dealing with Brian for almost 5 years and he has been nothing but a professional businessman and a joy to work with. His eye for quality is second to none. He also turned me on to the best bass guitars ever made.

Thanks man... :bassist:
  10. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Bought a Fender Marcus Miller IV off Brian. He was completely easy to deal with, accomodating of my request to ship in two parts and was prompt with all reponses. He is a completely class act all round and would encourage anyone to deal with Brian.
  11. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bought a F-Bass BN5 from Brian, the price, service, communication etc were incredible. Thanks again Brian.

12. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Bought 2 Ken Smith Basses through Brian and my current Stingray 5 - EXCELLENT business man. Professional through and through.
  13. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    yeah, he's alright. If you like that sort of guy. He does have some f'd up hair though...
  14. Brian was willing to work a trade with me to get me what I needed. Great guy, easy and smooth transaction. The Lakland and G&L are both great!

15. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    Great seller!

Patiently answering over 30 emails in 2 days time in placing order for my Vortex 5 (oops .. now Vortex 6) =)

Way to go Brian!
  16. wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    I'll try to keep this short, because the story is probably only interesting to me.

I'd been looking for a preamp to build a new rig. I had read about the preamp that Brian developed and sells--the TrueVoice--here on TalkBass. I also knew that Brian sold Schroeder, and I really wanted to hear those cabinets. There is no place in NY or NJ to hear Schroeder cabs. So, as luck would have it, I found myself traveling to Tennessee for Thanksgiving.

Brian kindly opened in his store on his day off, and let me audition EVERY SINGLE SCHROEDER in the store. He let me try it with all kinds of combinations of preamps and heads. He let me try it with a variety of basses. And he wasn't at all upset that I left without buying anything.

A week later I placed an order for a True Voice and a Schroeder 1212, and had Brian make up some cables and stuff for me. I put the True Voice in a rack with a brand new Crown CE-1000 and had some really wierd problems with the rig, and quickly the CE-1000 quit completely. I had no way to know if it was the Crown, the True Voice, or what. Brian said, send it back, I'll check it out and get you another if there's a problem. Problem turned out to be the Crown which was replaced, no problem.

Every step of the way, Brian was there via email, cellphone, whatever, and was always ready to answer a stupid question or try to figure out where the weak link in the chain was. Brian is a great, great guy who completely stands behind what he sells with service, service, service.

Thanks Brian. You rock.

Neal Wilson :hyper:
  17. ALl you Brian lovers, buy his intransit LowEnd Jazz bass, for the low steal price of 1599!! It's my former bass.

BUY IT NOW!!!
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wrong. It was interesting to me. Brian is a good guy.