1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brian Bromberg B2 Prototype made by US Masters Design

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vstringbassist, Oct 22, 2009.

1. vstringbassist

vstringbassist

Nov 17, 2003
    Canada
    I just received a "new old stock" Masters Design B2 5 string yesterday. It is a interesting design - I am impressed as it was built very well. This is the first bass I have owned with a Piezo bridge setup. Does anyone have one of the 5 string models? What do you think of it? I contacted US Masters to get some information on the bass - they where very helpful. I thought there where only 2 companies that made these basses - DEAN & US Masters but searching the net I found that Peavey made a version called "B QUAD 4" with a Modulus graphite neck - wow, I never new this bass existed and they look great - one of those would be a nice find although I don't think there was a 5 string version...or was there?

2. I've owned both the Dean and the Peavy. The Dean in both 4 and 5 strings. IMHO, they were the best basses produced by both companies. I have no experience with the US Masters Bromberg but the other US Masters basses I've played were damn nice. Is the Bromberg and import model or a US made bass??

3. lofreek

lofreek

Jul 19, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    The Peavey B-Quads are very rare. I am a longtime Modulus guy, and when Peavey introduced the B-Quad 5, I had instant GAS for one. I never saw one in any music store. Earlier this year, almost 15 years after they were introduced, I found a B-Quad 5 for sale from Bass Northwest and bought it. It happens to be signed by BB himself, inscribed as being the first B-Quad 5 shipped. Such a cool bass, especially for a Modulus guy.

Attached Files:

4. vstringbassist

vstringbassist

Nov 17, 2003
    Canada
    The bass was made in China, I imagine the same plant that makes the Masters Design series. I would love to have that Peavey 5 string version! Its interesting how 3 Guitar manufacturers made Brian Bromberg design basses. I personally love the body style but not to fond of the head stock on the 5 string. The quality does seem to be there on my bass but I still have to do a setup on it with new strings. The circuit board was just 'floating' in the control cavity so I will have to mount it with access holes for the trimpots (I believe for the Piezo circuit). I noticed on the Peavey version there are access holes to adjust the gain.

5. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    The basses were made in China. I believe a dozen or two pre-production units were made.

The company was unable to find retail outlets for them. Music stores were not excited about them. Therefore they were never made in any great number. Very sad.

Electronic circuit is the same in the US Masters and Dean.
    They are nice basses.