1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brian Bromberg has a new Internet radio station

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TRichardsbass, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Bassonthebroadband.com is the new all things bass Internet radio station by Brian Bromberg.

I had a long conversation with him at NAMM and it sounds like it will be a winner. Make sure you check it out and if you talk or email him tell him I sent ya there.

Check out our impromptu commercial on YouTube under my channel, TRICHARDSMUSIC.

2. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    This will make work so much more tolerable. I have lots of recordings but I really enjoy hearing something new for the first time.

3. TRichardsbass

Jun 3, 2009
    Brian will be accepting submissions from all bassists and bass music. It doesn't mean that it will get played, but there is a great chance it will.
    I'll probably be the only one with some punk on the station to start.

Then, I'm sure, Brian will re-record it in his style...

Check out the preview on Bassonthebroadband.com. Send him and email and tell him I sent ya!

4. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

Sep 16, 2005
    Yo Talkbassers, I took some of this off of the bassonthebroadband.com website.

We are starting the worlds first actual 24/7 internet radio station devoted to the bass. The station and website are still under construction but we will be launching soon! This is a huge undertaking, but, it is way worth it. Most bass players in the world will never get a record deal let alone have their music played on commercial radio so we think that is fantastic! You have great chat rooms like Talkbass etc... but now you can tune in and HEAR all things bass! Check out the site for more details and listen to the radio demo on the bassonthebroadband.com website.

In time there will be all kinds of cool specialty shows hosted by some of the biggest and most respected bass players in the world today. We are very excited! Also as stated here in this thread we want to hear YOUR music. One of the main reasons that I am doing this is to give all of us bass players a radio outlet, and that means you! There are marketing programs that you can participate in to advertise your own music and CD's! Spread the word as we will be launching in the coming weeks!

Who We Are

Bass On The Broadband.com is an Internet Radio Station and website created by world-renowned bassist Brian Bromberg. Brian is a Grammy nominated recording artist, songwriter, and producer. Brian is one of the most respected bassists in the world today. His name and reputation in the music industry brings tremendous credibility and respect to Bass On The Broadband.com.

Bass On The Broadband.com features music recorded, written, arranged, and performed by musicians who specialize in all facets of the acoustic and electric bass. The programming on Bass On The Broadband.com will also appeal to many other musicians and fans of creative and adventurous music.

Bass On The Broadband.com will provide the international bass playing and music community a platform to share their musical talents to a global audience.

Mission and Vision Statement

Mission Statement
    Our goal is to provide a radio broadcast outlet and showcase for the countless thousands of bass players throughout the world who would normally never get the opportunity to have their music played on commercial radio.

Due to the nature and role of the acoustic and electric bass in popular music, it has been very challenging for most bassists to have a commercial radio outlet. In most circumstances the few bassist s that have had commercial radio airplay have had to produce their music to intentionally fit into a specific radio format.

What we do here at Bass On The Broadband.com is to provide a radio platform specifically for the bass playing community. Bass On The Broadband.com will NOT be format exclusive, which means that bass players from all genres and styles of music are welcome and will be played on our station! We will expose the art and beauty of one of the worldÂ’s most popular instruments 24 hours a day, 7 day's a week on our Internet radio station.

We also have a multi purpose website that supports the international bass playing community and the companies and manufactures of bass and music related products that support them. Bass On The Broadband.com provides a marketing platform for companies that see the value in supporting a very strong and dedicated global community.

Vision Statement
    The vision of Bass On The Broadband.com is to truly help and support the international bass playing community. Since our radio station broadcast is Internet based our audience and market outreach is global. If you have an Internet connection anywhere on planet earth, you can take advantage of everything that Bass On The Broadband.com has to offer!

From a bass playing community point of view we want to work with all bass and music oriented chat rooms, websites, and social media. We do not see anyone as competition. We are all one bass playing community supporting each others passion for the instrument that we love.

We will be broadcasting music that features the bass as a major voice in the music. Bass On The Broadband.com will also broadcast live performances and concerts from all over the world. We will be involved in clinics, workshops, round table discussions, education, lessons, instrument and product reviews, technical reviews and seminars. We will have many special guest host broadcasts by the world's greatest bass players. Many of these services will also be offered as podcasts available to listen on demand.

From a manufacture and advertiser point of view we will be reaching a truly global audience and marketplace for your products and services. Our listeners and website visitors are all your potential customers. We offer both radio commercial spots as well as website banners and Internet marketing. We will provide the international bass community a place to turn for all things bass! We will be the worlds BASS STATION!

5. JonahTheAmazing

JonahTheAmazing

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm definitely going to get in on this. Sounds like a great idea. Very cool.

6. ACalbass

ACalbass

Dec 16, 2011
    Will this give a room for composers that are bass players too?
    I mean,not necessarily all compositions by bass players have something about bass,but some have a band concept.
    I am definitely on it.

BTW,Mr Bromberg,I am so sorry I heard about you so late as of last week when looking for Jeff Lorber music.
    I feel I missed a lot,but surely will catch up,I loved the way you play and sound.
    Utmost respect.

7. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

Sep 16, 2005
    ACalbass, absolutely on the composers side as well. The whole point of the station is to give bassists in any shape, role, or function the opportunity to get their music heard. If you are a composer who is also a bassist then all good.

I want everyone to please remember that you don't have to be a virtuoso monster to be played. In fact to me it is and has always been about the music and the melody as well as chops etc...

We want to play good music first and foremost.

People can't walk down the street whistling or singing a bass solo with 5,000 notes, but they sure can whistle and sing a great melody and song!

bassonthebroadband.com will be for all bassists, not just the freaks of the bass world!

8. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

Sep 16, 2005
    We have about 900 songs ready to go but we need about 1500 to be able to have a nice play list that is varied and covers all of the different genre's we want to cover on bassonthebroadband.com.

If you guys have any CD quality produced tracks finished and ready to play, go to bassonthebroadband.com and click on the music submission tab and send them in for revue.

As we get closer to launch we will do a countdown so stay tuned!

9. ACalbass

ACalbass

Dec 16, 2011
    All I have is some unfinished silly tracks/samples that, given the occasion and necessary encouragement (LOL), I could record it well and completed.
    Here is the link for one sample :
    As We Go by ACalbass on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    I honestly need an opinion to know if if fits the radio project and if it is something people would want to hear.
    If you have time to listen to it,of course.

10. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

Sep 16, 2005
    ACalbass that's what we want. Bassists who write and or play their own music. It can be almost any style as long as the bass has an obvious role in the creation of the music. Look forward to hearing it when it's finished and you are happy with the end result. Keep it up!

11. sevdog

sevdog

Mar 2, 2008
    ATX
    This station sounds really promising...and I totally agree. I'm a musician first and a bass player second.

...plus I don't think there'd be much demand for 24 hour bass solo channel:smug:

12. ACalbass

ACalbass

Dec 16, 2011
    Thank you for the push,I will definitely finish that and other stuff that I have around.
    And I also understand that might NOT get any airtime,simply because the quality of other songs/composers might be at a different level,of course.
    But is good to know there is an outlet that give chances for independent musicians to express themselves.
    Kudos for the initiative.

Now,I do not think there will be just bass solo'ing in the channel,I expect big creatures (amazing composers) to show their ideas and music concepts,and a fair amount of showing off (something I cannot do) that can help grow new things on us.
    if there is something similar to shoutcast streams,the there is an app called "streamufurious" that will let you listen 24/7.
    But as there is no broadcast yet,no way to know if it will work.

13. TRichardsbass

Jun 3, 2009
    Hey Brian! I will be firing some at ya today. Glad to see you found my thread.
    Sincerely,

Your Punk Bass Buddy