Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brian Moore basses....anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brewer9, Nov 5, 2000.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I checked out a Brian Moore bass today. It was $1000 and seemed worth the cash. Does anyone here have any experience with Brian Moore basses?

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    If it's one of their US made instruments, $1000 is a fair price. Their guitars are much more highly prized than their basses, but the workmanship that goes into both are on par with Tom Anderson and Pedulla. If it's one of the new i-series Moores, I'd haggle a little. (i = imported from Korea).

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    How much haggle room is there? I'm also considering an Ibanez BTB, but its more expensive. Does anyone know how much haggle room there is on the BTB too?

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Depends on where you are. In NYC, populated by pro musicians and rich dilettantes who pay through the nose, your haggle room is effectively zero. If you're in a rural or suburban area where everyone wants the Ibanez Fieldy is playing and no one will touch the Moores, Parkers and Andersons, you could knock off $100, or at least get a free HSC and setup.