Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brian Moore i4/ i5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Has anyone tried one of those? There's two on eBay right now (seeing one there is unusual enough)

2. Dru

Dru

Jun 13, 2003
    Houston Texas
    i liked the brian moores. lightweight, bright tone and pretty versatile electronics.

3. My brother has one. I like it quite a bit. For the money, it's hard to beat. The construction is very good for a Korean instrument. I'd have to disagree somewhat with Dru though. To my ears, at least, the i4 has a somewhat warm tone, although it certaintly has the capability of getting bright. If you like a bass with as lot of midrange in the tone, then I would not recomend a Brian Moore. The other thing to keep in mind, is that the back of the neck is finished (which I am personally not crazy about).

Overall I'd say that the i4/i5 is a great sounding bass that also looks unique, not to mention that it's nice and small and light.

4. Dru

Dru

Jun 13, 2003
    Houston Texas
    maybe i had the eq maxed out or something on the upper mids cause ive heard other people say its warm too. (which i would kinda prefer. i like jazz and "loungey" music) i need to play it again and give it a second opinion. I was pondering heavily whether to get it or not to replace my old klunky mexican jazz bass