1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

brian ristola/bestbassgear appreciation. you too will!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by narud, Sep 10, 2008.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    so, my man will (wilbyman) hooked me up with a bart ntbt. he didnt have the nut to mount the bass/treble stack pot though. i ended up heading over to the hardware store over confident thinking id find what i needed. wrong!

so, not knowing where the hell to get this metric nut, i emailed brian asking if he knew where i could buy those type of parts. he said since its not a standard size it wasnt something that was easily found. well, he ended up just sending me the part i needed. i was stoked because i thought i was going to have a wiggly pot forever. buy stuff from bestbassgear:D i know i will if i need something!

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Brian's the best. I've bought a few things from him, will be buying everything that I need to put together an old bass soon, I own one of his basses (www.ristolainstruments.com) and he's making my next bass as well. Great guy....highly recommended that you do business with him.

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Big plus 1 - I've been very impressed and satisfied in my dealings with Brian.

4. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    Brian is a bad businessman. He should know better and screw his customers to the end to make big, quick bucks. Instead he does what? He listens, he understands and goes above and beyond duty to deliver - all at competitive prices. Guys like him (and Dan Lakin and Roger Sadowsky and many others) make me sick! They work against everything I learnt about life and business. :scowl:
    :bag:

:D
    Seriosly, Brian rules.

kaba7a likes this.
  5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    LOL...thanks man...sorry I lost the nut :crying:

Brian is the best!!!

W

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    no sorry's for a preamp you gave me!:D

7. basskid_ftw

basskid_ftw

May 1, 2008
    Just bought from him a Bart pre+pups. Great guy, great service.
    Definitely the best place to shop for bass stuff. :p

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    +1 to everything-except owning one of his basses, because I don't, but I'll take your word for it. Brian rules, soon I'm gonna be looking for a set of Bartolini pickups, I'm buying them from him. I've bought a few things from him, always a good experience! :hyper:

9. Yeap, Brian is the best in the biz. Had I known he makes basses a year or so ago, I'd most definitely be playing the crap out of one right now.

10. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720

Feb 5, 2005
    Washington DC,Silver Spring,MD
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I am currently in the process of assembling a parts bass. I purchased a set of Bartolinis an Aguilar OBP-I, Hipshot-A bridge and some smaller items from Bestbassgear. The prices are great and the service, knowledge and experience are above and beyond. Bestbassgear has earned my business the good old fashioned way. If you want crappy, I haven't got a clue type service do not go to them!

11. I had to revive this thread to say this: sent Brian an email about some preamp/pots specs, instead of just brushing me off or give me the specs from the manufacturer, he called one of his luthier friends who was working on the same preamp and asked him to measure the parts for me! How is that for service? You know where I bought the preamp then! Very few places on the net have a real customer friendly feel, bestbassgear is one of them, especially if you are a bass player!

12. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Brain Has been very helpful to me...

I have picked up several items from him as well.

His prices are good and if I ever go the route of a custom instrument that is not a Modulus or parts bass, He would be the guy I would have do it. He listens to what you are looking for and give you his knowledgeable input back.

Top notch guy.

13. yeah, kinda sucks not having a brain, makes all decisions quite difficult :p

14. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    LOL...Tells you where mind is...I sold it cheap...Very cheap

15. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Brian is knowledgable, helpful, and takes the time to work with you to find what it is you're looking for. He made me promise not to tell everyone something he did for me that was really cool...so I won't. But we're lucky to have him as a resource in our little world of bass. :bassist:

16. great, now you know that everybody wants to know right? :) you just can't do that... :)

17. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Brian is a great guy to deal with. I ordered Fat Stacks for my first Stambaugh through him and got his input before ordering new electronics for my Carvin (Aggie OPB-3 & two Basslines MM pickups) and he was really prompt about responding and very helpful.

Good solid guy and I'm happy to throw business his way.

Not to derail the thread at all, but Jay at Blueberry Hill Bass is the same way IMO.

18. A thread that worth a bump!

Sure enough, Brian is da man, great doing business with! Had a very useful exchange of emails before ordering a pair of Big Splits - is quite a nice coincidence that the man who's selling bass gear actually builds basses, lemme tell ya that!

Cheers,
    Adrian

19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Whenever the subject of where to find electronics comes up, I recommend Brian and Best Bass gear.

BTW there's a used Ristola bass on Guitar Center's website.

20. +1 here! I've only bought one thing from BestBassGear but I've emailed him bunched of questions and each one he answered as thoroughly and thoughtfully as he could. He's a great guy, and has a huge wealth of information on lots of topics concerning bass gear. I plan on ordering a Aguilar OBP3 for one of my basses soon and I'm definitely getting it from him :).