Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brian Ritchie from the Violent Femmes

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ryan L., Mar 13, 2001.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Am I the only one here who likes this guy??

I am kind of surprised that I have never heard anything mentioned in here about him. But I COULD be the only one here who thinks he's any good, I guess.

Ryan

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    He´s cool. I know I haven´t mentioned him but that´s because I always forget him...Anyway....He´s cool..

3. i like him, i think his name has been brought up before

4. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I'm a big fan of The Violent Femmes and I like Brian's work. Yeah, I rarely see him mentioned anywhere.

Gotta love "Blister in the Sun". :)

5. I just started listening to some Violent Femmes, this guy is damn good! He pretty much leads the band.

Just thought I'd give this a bump.

6. I`m kinda sorta working on learning to play "Blister In the Sun".Great bass work in that song.Never really checked out much of their music but I will be changing that. :)

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wow. Old thread revived!!:)

I saw the Femmes live a few years ago when they were in Fargo, and Brian was totally unbelievable.

I was really surprised that I have never seen any mention of him on here before.

8. i've been getting into the femmes too, and i'm very jelious that my parents still havn't brung me to one of there concerts yet... gggggrr...