Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice 5-Strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MagicMedicine, Oct 14, 2005.

1. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine

Sep 27, 2005
    Canada
    Yea i cant seem to find any Brice Basses that arnt 6 strings. Do they make 5 string versions of their 6 string models?

Also do they have a proper website? I found one but it was useless. And rondo isnt displaying very many of them, It'd help alot more if they displayed them all and listed the ones they dont have as Out Of Stock, instead of them taking it off the website.

any help would be great, thanks.

Also Does anybody know of any good low or mid priced 5 strings? (other than SX or Ibanez)

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Peavey and Yamaha both make excellent mid-range 5 strings.

3. ducaticarl

ducaticarl

Oct 16, 2005
    I know I have seen a brice 8 string fretless on e-bay constantly being listed for real short money. I looked into these a little bit and found that they are made by the same company the makes some guitars for epiphone an peavey...but from what I read on reviews about them I guess their weak spot is the electronics ...fault pots etc....hope this helps....check out harmony-central for more info

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Brice inventory at rondo is very fluid. Keep an eye out their basses change quite a bit. They have had lots of very nice five strings in the past.

Rondo's bass page is http://www.rondomusic.net/bassguitars4.html . I do not know if they ship to Canada. The Douglas SB-35 SN Ash looks very nice to me.

Another bass I would personally recommend in the price range is a Dean Edge. I used to own one (a five string fretleess) and it was a really great bass that I enjoyed a lot and got lots of use out of. A real sweet and pro quality instrument