1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brice 6 string bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rasaban, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I have a Brice 6 ,neckthru and can't for the life of me, find decent strings for it (strung from the rear) needs a 48-50in length string.

If you have a brice 6, you know what I mean
    ....So I'm wondering if anyone has swapped out the bridge.
    I had a G&L 5 and you have the option of stringing front or rear.

WD makes a bridge $40.00

If I could string from the front... I'd have better string choices. I'd like to get a set of the CircleK Strings, I've been talkin to the owner, He says they have nothing that would fit.

Think that the "WD Music Modern 6-String Bass Bridge would work ?

Any thoughts
    Rasaban

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Which Brice do you have?

All of the HXB, Z, and Defiant models can be top-loaded, and I've never encountered a thru-body bass that needed more than an extra 3/4".

3. Showdown

Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    48-50 inches doesn't sound right at all. I don't have any trouble finding strings for my Brice HXB-406 (which can be strung through body or through bridge), and I'm pretty sure the total string length is considerably less than 48".

4. Showdown

Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I just measured my Brice. From the back of the bridge to the farthest tuner (A string), plus a generous 3" to wrap around the tuner gives me 44 1/2". Add 3/4" to go through the body and you have 45 1/4" for the longest string.

How do you get 48-50"?

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Most strings sit around 45"-46", and anything with a 35-36" speaking length will surely have an overall length of 46" or larger.

6. Showdown

Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I came up with 46 1/4" for a 34" scale Brice (that included 3" for wrap around the post., which is generous for those small posts), so add another inch for 35" scale and you still don't get to 48".

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021