Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice 6er?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bill spangler, Nov 19, 2003.

1. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    I'm thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on buying a one of the '93 model V2 six strings. The brice reviews are scattered throughout many threads, so I'd like any feedback that any of you have about V2 models in one concise location. thanx.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Let's get this straight. The reviews exist, but they're "scattered" in several threads, and you want everyone to recreate their opinions here in one tidy little place just for you??????

Just my opinion, but that's pretty lazy. The info's here, just look around.

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    There is a tremonxious "Essex Mega Thread" that you should check out. It pretty much covers anything and everything on Essexes and Brices.

4. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    two points:

I've kept up with the sx megathread and there is not a whole lot specifically about the V2 models-alot of the Brice comments are on the new "Douglas" J-bass knock-offs.

Second, there are enough differences between the SX and the Brice models, including the countries where they're manufactured, prices, pickups, materials used, etc. that an inquirey about Brice 6 strings is not inappropriate.

5. There have been other threads about Brice. If I remember correctly, someone in the Essex Megathread bought a v2 6er, try finding out who it was and then PM the person and ask specific questions you would like to know answers to.

6. Brice is nice. Especially for the $.