1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brice Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ao'connor17, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ao'connor17

ao'connor17

Feb 12, 2007
    Tivoli, NY
  2. ao'connor17

ao'connor17

Feb 12, 2007
    Tivoli, NY
    bump

3. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    I have a Brice 6-string fretless here in the shop for a modification. overall it's a decent bass ... a fantastic bass when the pricing is considered.

my beef with the 6-string fretless is that the side position markers are in the wrong position - they are in the same position as would be on a fretted neck, and NOT in located right on the fret line where they should be on a fretless :mad:

this bass is in the shop to correct this flaw, and make the bass usable to anyone who needs more than just their ear for intonational reference

all the best,

R

4. ao'connor17

ao'connor17

Feb 12, 2007
    Tivoli, NY
    thanks. ive played some fretless basses that were like that, but for playing a frettet for afour years i don't really think that would be a problem. i noticed that the fretless is actually cheaper on some of the basses and that maybe do to the fact that they take a fretted neck, and don't fret it. :|. oh well. Anyone know about the LP bass?

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    On my V2 the side markers are in the correct place. Unfortunately, Rondo/Brice does not seem to be consistent on this practice. I can't imagine how one would play an unlined fretless in tune with the side dots in the "in between" locations.