1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brice Bass Pickup Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Metalreaper13, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Metalreaper13

Metalreaper13

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm new to this, it's more of taking suggestions, so idk if theres a duplicate thread anywhere, didn't see any.

I have a lefty Brice hxb 406 extended 35" scale for the floppy B. lately my 6 string bass has gotten attention from bands, and I've been working on upgrading my guitars and basses, whether it be Amps, strings, pickups, etc.

I don't mind the tone, being little practice amps, or decent mid end amps I've tried, but I need something with more oomph. I have the stock pickups, and Kurt just said its Brice pickups, which I haven't found any info on. I believe they're soap bars, they're active/passive, and the website says the dimensions are 1 3/8" x 4 3/8".

I'm taking suggestions/recommendations what some good pickups are that'll fit my bass. I like the tone of geezer butler, Steve Harris, and Lemmy, so if there are any that put me in that direction, great, if not, ok. I'm aware it's more how you play, but that's not the point.

I like to play with bass and mid turned up alot, and treble turned back and a little. I also play my bass like a guitar (not so much with a pick, but I use it like a lead instrument), this includes harmonics, tapping, slapping/popping, etc. I'm also working on switching to flatwound strings, I'm putting on D'addario half wounds to transition and see if unlike them and want to continue, id like strings that dont sound too bad after having them on for a long time. So I dont know how much the strings I'm putting on will effect the pickup choice.

What do guys recommend within a reasonable price range? Thank you