Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flaghard, Nov 24, 2004.

1. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    i see alot of these Brice basses :confused: and they're all pretty cheap.
    anybody got anything to say about them..what are they good for, are they good for starting out on a 6 string

any help would be nice

thanks, flaghard

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Cheap in what way? These basses are more than likely made in the same Korean and Chinese factories as many other well known basses. These are gig ready basses! I own a Brice Douglas 5 string that has been my main gigging bass since the beginning of the summer. It's well built and sounds great. Don't get it twisted though, I would consider them starter basses as well as gig ready basses. They are cheap in cost alone IMO. I think they are worth more than Rondo charges for them!~

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Like you, I'm interested in Brice basses myself. I really love the look of the Brice HXB-405 5-String Bubinga. I want to try my hand at a fretless bass and this one seems like an inexpensive way to test the waters. From what I've heard, people have been pleased with everything from fit and finish to the quality of materials used. I don't think a couple hundred bucks is too steep a price to pay. You could actually do worse, I suppose. :bassist:

4. Rondo basses are steals for the price. I have never handled one myself, but I do know several people who have them and swear by them. Kurt is a great guy, I've talked to him before, and his responses are quick, to the point, and courteous.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    There are like, a million threads about this if you do a quick search- lots of good info.

I've played or owned essex and brice basses and they are both excellent for the price- better than cheap fenders IMO.