Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazz Lover, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Has anyone here played the Brice basses that can be found at rondomusic.net? I have been looking at the six strings but hate buying things over the internet. Any opinions would be helpful.

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Take a look at the Essex/Brice megathread. Plenty to read there (it's called a MEGAthread for a reason)

3. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The best Brice 6 string information is not in the megathread. Do a search on Brice 6 string. I have one and I'm extremely satisfied with it, and I would recommend Brice 6 string to anyone who's interested in trying out the concept.

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I wouldn't hesitate to get the Brice ..... I have the 6 neck-through and now use it exclusively. It holds its own against most modest-to-mid priced 6ers. Read through the thread and take Philbiker's suggestion and search specifically for the Brice 6 string ... be sure to take note that the bass will require a set-up when you get it.

6. Thanks everyone. Sorry about not doing a search first. I am still new to this.

7. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    :cool:

Welcome to TB :hyper:

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That's ok. This particular subject will be a bit overwhelming in a search because of the unwieldiness of the "Essex Megathread". Also, because there are a lot more Brice basses than just their 6 strings. Frankly, you should simply search for posts from pointbass because he's recently posted a detailed review of his Brice and has participated in multiple Brice 6 string threads.

I say again, I love my Brice 6, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Fretless chords are so beautiful for me to play in my church group.

9. I had the same trepidation as well, but it's a great six string. The pre-amp/tone controls are weak. I put a Aguilar in mine and now it's fantastic. I played a lot of 6 string basses first and it's really on par with much more expensive basses. See Ed's review as well.

Steve

10. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I agree with you on the preamp. I put a Bartolini in mine and it sounds great. Good bass for the price.

11. shizack

shizack

Aug 24, 2004
    I got my Brice 5-string bubinga fretless a week ago, and I have to say I'm EXTREMELY impressed. Far better playability and "mwah" than a fretless Mexi-Jazz I had a few years ago. It was about 200 bucks cheaper too. This bass is good enough to be my gamer. I would not hesitate to buy Brice again.