1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brice Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazz Lover, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Has anyone here played the Brice basses that can be found at rondomusic.net? I have been looking at the six strings but hate buying things over the internet. Any opinions would be helpful.

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Take a look at the Essex/Brice megathread. Plenty to read there (it's called a MEGAthread for a reason)

3. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The best Brice 6 string information is not in the megathread. Do a search on Brice 6 string. I have one and I'm extremely satisfied with it, and I would recommend Brice 6 string to anyone who's interested in trying out the concept.

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I wouldn't hesitate to get the Brice ..... I have the 6 neck-through and now use it exclusively. It holds its own against most modest-to-mid priced 6ers. Read through the thread and take Philbiker's suggestion and search specifically for the Brice 6 string ... be sure to take note that the bass will require a set-up when you get it.

6. Thanks everyone. Sorry about not doing a search first. I am still new to this.

7. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    :cool:

Welcome to TB :hyper:

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That's ok. This particular subject will be a bit overwhelming in a search because of the unwieldiness of the "Essex Megathread". Also, because there are a lot more Brice basses than just their 6 strings. Frankly, you should simply search for posts from pointbass because he's recently posted a detailed review of his Brice and has participated in multiple Brice 6 string threads.

I say again, I love my Brice 6, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Fretless chords are so beautiful for me to play in my church group.

9. SLivinghouse

SLivinghouse Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Meadow Vista, CA
    I had the same trepidation as well, but it's a great six string. The pre-amp/tone controls are weak. I put a Aguilar in mine and now it's fantastic. I played a lot of 6 string basses first and it's really on par with much more expensive basses. See Ed's review as well.

Steve

10. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I agree with you on the preamp. I put a Bartolini in mine and it sounds great. Good bass for the price.

11. shizack

shizack

Aug 24, 2004
    I got my Brice 5-string bubinga fretless a week ago, and I have to say I'm EXTREMELY impressed. Far better playability and "mwah" than a fretless Mexi-Jazz I had a few years ago. It was about 200 bucks cheaper too. This bass is good enough to be my gamer. I would not hesitate to buy Brice again.