1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brice Defiant 6 Lizard Burst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OOZMAN, Jun 10, 2011.

1. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    Anyone got one? What are they like? Etc, etc...

Looking to get into the 6 string world and little beautiful bass caught my eye.

I've heard very good things about the Brice HXB-406, and this is almost $300 more, both new, both from rondomusic.com, so I thought it must be good. Here's a link, check em out:

Rondo Music 6 String Bass Guitars

The one I want is the green one. Ain't it sexy?!?!. If that don't give you gas I dunno what will :D. What do you guys reckon? Worth it? I'm not 100% sure why its $300 more than the next model down, the only major differences are neck through, electronics and the paint. Heck, I dunno, maybe those few things ARE worth it.

Any feedback appreciated.

peace

EDIT: IMA POST SOME PICS

defiant6lizardburst5.

defiant6lizardburst3.

defiant6lizardburst1.

2. Ottsworth

Ottsworth

Dec 14, 2010
    London, UK
    I've got the one in Black. It's great for the price! Also the string spacing on it was perfect for me, wide enough to do slap but not so wide it hurts your fretting hand! :D

3. Somebody on here got the one in the site's pics.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/new-bass-day-brice-defiant-6-a-703019/

I have never heard clips of one and I'm really curious what those pickups sound like. Let me know if you find out. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention, I actually have one of the 8-string guitars based off this design. It has some minor fit and finish issues, but it plays great. Pretty solid overall for the price, especially the fretwork which is killer for a $500 instrument IMHO.

4. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    Good to hear :D

5. arsie

arsie

Jan 19, 2011
    Singapore
    It definitely reminds me of the 90s. Shame they don't make that in 4 strings

6. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    How so?

7. arsie

arsie

Jan 19, 2011
    Singapore
    The finishing and shape reminds me of PRS and Ibanez guitars from the 90s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd seriously consider one if it was in 4 strings and in a black or purple trans. Nice!

8. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Id diff pass, they are more then 2 inches wide at the nut. And for the asking price I think youd get much more bass with an Ibanez or Esp Ltd.

9. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    It's a 6 string dude, whatdya expect? :D

10. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I have the HXB406 6-string - not the same, but still a Brice. The spacing is perfect (about 16.5 mm, IIRC), and the neck is fairly thin, but a little chunky. It's a nice player, and I gigged it for 2 years without a single mod. Not sure that I'd pay more than about $400 for a Brice, though.

11. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    bumpies!

12. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Used to have a 406, got rid of it but kept my Z6, then got a fretless Z6. But tell me where else can you get something comparable to these for $450?

IMGP1906.

Edit: OK, the price on the Z6 has gone up since I got mine (but I didn't even pay list price when I got mine, they were b-stocks for like $280 apiece), but still, I have never seen, picked up or played a 6 string, neck thru bass withing $500 of the normal Brice price. And while I have kept mine stock, I could see someone maybe wanting to change out the pre, even if you do that (as long as you don't have to pay someone else to do it) you will still be ahead of the game.

13. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    ken could have made a better choice on the bridge.. the string spacing is too narrow for the neck..