1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Brice Douglas fretless 5-string Jazz bass!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Badmuthaplucka, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice Douglas fretless 5-string Jazz bass. This bass is one step up from the Essex line. I don't see many of these for sale. (I don't know why Rondo Music stop selling these). This one is alder, maple neck and rosewood fretboard.

These are the the best fender reproductions around. If fender would make a MIM five string fretless this one would still be better IMO. The only modification done to this bad boy is the set of I.T. Flats. For me it was all that was needed. Of course it's used so there are some scratches but nothing major and there maybe a small chip somewhere. $180 plus shipping. And believe me it's worth every penny!

Attached Files:

2. BUMP!

For a great bass!

3. What's the string spacing? Is it strung through the body? I really like the way that looks, and the color is fantastic. Is the neck straight? What is the action of the B string at the end of the fretboard? For this price, it is very tempting.

4. String spacing is 5/8 at the bridge. No string through body. The neck is strait, there is some very slight buzzing on certain notes (not more than 2 or 3 which is somewhat normal) that can probably be rectified with a truss rod adjustment. The over all action is what I would call medium/low. I wanted to post more pics but my camera is acting up. And yes the bass is very nice for the price.

5. You have PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.