Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice Explorer Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tekhna, May 6, 2005.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
  2. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    If I only had an extra $159 layin around.....damn. Awesome lookin bass though

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, I posted about it in the Essex Megathread put haven't gotten any response on if anybody has played or owns one.

I already have three 4 stringers but this one is tempting me big time. Throw in some active EMG's and a Hipshot "A" bridge and I bet it would be an awesome rock/metal bass.

4. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    anybody get one? Mine comes on Thursday

5. Can you let us know what you think about it when you get it?

6. is anyone esle not being able to view ebay items? it comes up saying page unavailable.

7. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

I think ebay is down right now.
    Intarweb=broken

8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    please post one pic,i can,t seen this link

9. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    OK, here ya go!

Attached Files:

10. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
  11. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I want one, but no money...

Ah, more choices for when i want to buy my next bass...

12. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  13. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
  14. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    What happened to the 8-string Brice???? :help:

15. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    how much cash would have to be into this for it to sound killer?

16. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    It could be killer right out of the box. My favorite things to add are EMG actives. I would also consider maybe a Type A Hipshot bridge.

Ghost bass-$160
    EMG actives-$125-$150
    Type A bridge-$85

Total-$370-$395 approx. for me not counting odds and ends like straplocks, strings, knobs, etc.

17. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's probably fine right out of the box.

Good luck finding a case or gigbag to fit. You'll spend as much on the case as you spent on the bass.

18. Hello everyone I am a newbie here but I had to post because I just got my ghost yesterday. :hyper:
    It basically looks exactly as pictured black finish and hardware no real flaws on mine. IMO they could have used better rosewood on the fretboard but it may just need some tlc.
    The pickups look to be emg knockoffs roughly 1 3/8" W by 3 7/8" L. The setup was horrible when I recieved but it is to be expected shipping from new jersey and who knows where before that. A little adjusting and it played fine. The tone pot was also soldered sp? poorly and had to be redone (one of the wires insulation melted and wa ssubsequently soldered to the pot.) All in all didnt take much to get it up and running.
    Sounds good so far i use a pick mainly playing dead center between the humbuckers and has a nice warm sound with both volume on 10 or the front pickup backed off some. :bassist: Any questions are welcome I am new to this though (only been playin 1 1/2 years self taught) so I may not be the most experianced of a judge.

19. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    You know the rules:

No pics = the bass only exists in your head :p

Congrats!!!!!!!!! :bassist:

20. lowend77

lowend77

Apr 4, 2005

Mine is coming Tomorrow and the case issue does bum me out a bit. I wamder if those extra large gig bags will fit or if I should just splurge on the epi case for $90.00. I guess I will just have to justify it by remembering Rondo's gear is grear bang for the buck product.