Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice Explorer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jondog, Jan 28, 2004.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I went to Rondo Music today and they had . . .

a Brice T-Bird prototype!!!

It was awesome. Flat black, black hardware, rosewood fingerboard w/ no dots, and it played great! It's a one of a kind prototype, so it says Stony on the headstock. None more black. The body has the raised center piece w/ the wings a little lower, just like the real thing. I didn't plug it in so I can't testify to its sound, but it felt good enough to make me actually consider buying one, even though I've never been into the unusual body shapes. It was $279 IIRC, I wonder how much the production models will be.

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    oh man! I hope they do a 5er or maybe a tbird 5er!
    -Bazz-

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    So will they eventually be available on the site?

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh man. Add one more to the GAS list.

5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Explorer bass or guitar?

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Bass

Doh! I got my funny body shape names confused. It's a T-Bird not an explorer. I can't fix the thread title, maybe if a mod sees this they could help?

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    , yea in the Essex megathread a few people asked for that. Wonder what theyll charge.. 259? 299?

8. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Wicked!!! I've been waiting for one of these for a while... I'm still in debt for my JAF, though, so I might not get a T-bird for a long time.