Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice Fretless 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Supernova67, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    Hey, sorry if this came up already, i did like a billion searches and couldnt find what i was looking for, dose anyone here have the brice 6 string fretless? I think the name is like HBX-406 or something like that.I'd just kinda like to know if it's worth the money or should i not waste my time.

Thanks,
    Travis

2. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    There is a big thread about Brice basses...but Josh Curry is trying to get rid of one. His has upgraded pickups and a pre-amp. You might want to look into that, I've seen pictures, it's gorgeous.

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    For the money, Brice basses are excellent deals. I've played one, and it was really well done. I've never heard anything but good things about them.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    HXB-406 is the model name I believe. Nice bass, I own the predecessor to that model, the "V2". I prefer the V2 for lots of reasons over the HXB but the HXB is a serviceable instrument. If you intend to get it to "try out" six strings fretless, go for it! You won't be dissapointed.

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    You really can't go too far wrong with the Brice stuff, excellent value for the $$$ and a great way to get a feel for fretless 6 string playing. Go for it :cool: