Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice Fretless Jazz 5-string for sale or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fourstringbliss, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Alright folks, I tried fretless and I'm just not ready! I need a better understanding of the fretboard before I make a fool of myself trying to find the right note right now. I have a Brice fretless Jazz 5-string for sale. The body is swamp ash, the neck and fretboard are maple, and it plays/sounds really good. It is in mint condition, and is actually in better shape than when I bought it.

This bass came with the crappiest "flatwound" string imaginable. You could actually use them to saw through small branches since the windings had bunched into little peaks. I have replaced them with a good set of roundwounds. I have also shielded the control cavity and pickup cavities with copper foil and the back of the pickguard with aluminum foil. Finally, I rewired the electronics to remove any ground loops. It now sounds and plays better than it did when I bought it new.

I'd like to get $175 for it. I know that's almost how much it sold for new, but it is in better condition than new.

The pictures below show the bass with and without the pickup covers which will ship attached to the bass.

I'd be happy to discuss trade possibilities as well!

Thanks!

2. Here is a pic of the headstock and some of the shielding. Also, the mess on the pickguard in the picture above is just fingerprints not scratches.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM sent.

-Mike

4. Thanks, but just looking to get a different bass.

5. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Did you get my earlier PM?

6. I did.

7. eldoctorbass

eldoctorbass Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Northampton, Mass
    You have pm, and a free bump.

8. bump

9. It sold, thanks.