1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brice HXB-405 bridge not staying in place

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by billgwx, May 12, 2011.

1. billgwx

billgwx

Apr 10, 2009
    Centereach NY
    When changing strings on my Brice HXB-405 yesterday, I passed a new, slightly larger (.130" vs. the older .125") low "B" up through the body, and could not make it go through the bridge. Took a closer look and saw that the bridge had slipped out of position (toward the neck) just enough to cause this to happen! I repositioned the bridge, tightening its screws as much as possible without gouging into the body, and then restrung without any problem, but am wondering why this would have happened in the first place, and what I can do to correct? Would be embarrassing to have the bridge slip like that when playing...instant out of tune and confusion for the entire band! Or have I just found the true down side of playing an inexpensive bass? :meh:

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Top load em all. IMHO.

3. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    That's odd, the bridge on my HXB was rock solid. Did a screw loosen up or something?