1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Brice HXB- 406 Short Scale Six String Upgraded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by late80s, Sep 13, 2017.

1. late80s

late80s Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Brice HXB-406 Short Scale in excellent, near mint condition for sale. First generation alder body with bubinga top vs. the new korina body. Upgraded with Lace Alumatone Bass Bars and Bartolini NTMB-F Preamp. Controls are Vol, Blend (reversed ala Sadowsky), Stacked Bass/Treble, Mid, Mid Freq Switch (250Hz, 500Hz, 800Hz). Battery is in main cavity not battery box as I had this passive for a while and the shop took out the lead to the battery box. Can be redone easily but I never had time. These pickups have a lot of punch but also took nearly 1 lb. off the weight of the bass. Original pickups and preamp included. Other upgrades include Hipshot USA black tuners (also available with stock tuners instead) that eliminate any neck dive. The weight is 8lbs. 10.2 oz.

The playability is effortless - I am amazed that such an inexpensive instrument can setup this well and play so good. Neck is stable and the profile is very slim - truss rod works as it should and action is currently low. Combined with the 30.5" scale it plays like a breeze. The B string is very functional, I get no buzz or rattle and do not find it floppy. I've had 34" Bs that didn't play this nice. It's an excellent playing inexpensive bass with $400+ in upgrades. Comes with a perfect fitting Gruv Gear Gigblade guitar bag($150 retail). My loss is your gain. Includes stock pickups and tuners. Will consider swapping back stock components to lower the price.

Asking $475 + shipping.

I'd also be interested in a powerful head and cab, Mac interface (Focusrite, M-Audio, etc...) or an EQD Afterneath Pedal for partial trade.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. ama501nj

ama501nj

Sep 13, 2012
    Hi - Looks nice. Where are these made ?

3. late80s

late80s Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    NJ
    Manufactured by Agile Guitars in South Korea. Workmanship is really incredible, not just for the pricepoint but in general.