1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brice HXB 6-string fretless - new guts

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fretless_Newbie, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Hello, all.
    After spending some time with my fairly-new (used) Brice bass, I have learned that the stock pots/electronics are not functioning properly... which helps me in the decision to upgrade the HXB's innards.

I have decided (due to incredible price incentive) to choose EMG to be the brand of electronics and pickups.

What I do NOT know is what exact pickups fit the 6-string HXB long-scale.

Again, I am new (green) to stringed instruments, so forgive my ignorance. Rondo's website shows the pickup dimensions as: 1 3/8" x 4 3/8" but the EMG literature talks about "Max string width". So, do I just wait until I get home and simply measure the width of all-6 strings at the bridge pickup position...? The EMG catalog does not say the pickup DIMENSIONS... which I think would dictate if it'll fit the HXB or not, right?

I am just going for the BTS-HZ electronics... once I know what pickups FIT my bass, I can place an order. Any help is appreciated.