1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Brice HXB Short Scale Six String w/ Bass Culture Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ODorkle, Oct 11, 2016.

1. ODorkle

Oct 11, 2016
    The switches are set up to toggle between series and single-coil in each pickup (single-coil mode uses the outer-most coil, so single-coil on the neck pickup uses the coil closest to the neck, single-coil mode on the bridge pickup uses only the coil closest to the bridge). The switches are actually dual throw, but I never ended up wiring them up to make use of that so the up and neutral positions are both single coil and the down position is series.

The pickups are Bass Culture and sound fantastic. The preamp is stock and... less than fantastic. It's a bit hissy and I rarely use it (volume knob is a push-pull to disable it).

This bass was my main source of income for a few years and as a result has its fair share of battle wounds, but the damage is entirely cosmetic and is mostly just along the edge.

I've included a couple of sound clips. These were recorded straight into a Presonus Firestudio Project with no eq/processing/whatever, just the raw tone off the pickups; 50/50 blend on the pickups, both pickups in series mode, using Elixir strings.

Clip 1
    Clip 2

The price is $300 shipped. The pickups alone are worth about that much, but I need to get rid of this quick.

I've got an old tweed case with a broken handle laying around, so I'll put this bass in there for extra protection during shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016