1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brice HXB2-404 Headless Nat Burl B Stock - Need Advice about QC

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soadap, Nov 7, 2019.

1. soadap

soadap

Nov 7, 2019
    Hi, I've recently received the bass, I really love this instrument, but it seems it has some issue with the fingerboard. So I'm attaching a few photos, seems like string slightly shifted down relative to the fingerboard and it feels uncomfortable during play. Is it possible to set up or fix this in any way? Or it is a defective unit?
    I just want to know can it be fixed or I just need to return the instrument.
    Thank you!
    IMG_0777.jpeg IMG_0778.jpeg IMG_0779.jpeg

2. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    Ive had a bass or 2 (homemade and/or cheap) that have had this issue. I managed to fix it in the cheap bass by shimming the side of the neck pocket and pushing the actual neck over a degree or 2. The homemade bass I just couldnt figure out short of resetting the bridge...which was a hell no.

I agree that issue is obnoxious to deal with and makes the instrument unplayable sometimes. I'd call it a defect and try to send it back.

If anyone else has a better fix, i'd love to hear it.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Slightly loosen the neck mounting screws (probably just a quarter turn). Next, gently pull the headstock in the direction of the low E-string until the strings are aligned properly. Finally, retighten the neck mounting screws.

4. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    BUT if you can't shift it using this^ method, send it back.

5. soadap

soadap

Nov 7, 2019
    I already had a conversation with service support via email, they advised me to do the same thing - untight/push/tight neck. So after the procedure, it becomes better but still noticeable. I'm going to take this guitar to the Guitar Center to ask technician if is it possible to do anything with this. If not, I will just return this bass. Honestly, this issue does not cause me any discomfort, I just worry if this will become a big problem over time.
    IMG_0788.jpg

6. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    I don't imagine it will cause any future problems. The real question is will it bother you in the future?

The QC of it screams B stock. The fact that the issue causes you no discomfort lends to making it B sock vs scrap wood.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021