1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Brice HXB406 FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pointbass, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I have a Brice HXB406 that I picked up in a trade with a fellow TBer in early January. I only needed the bass for a short period, and it served its purpose well.

This is a typical Brice HXB, with all of the well-documented pros & cons. Anyone paying even a little bit of attention here at TB knows the tone pots are a bit scratchy when adjusting, but fine once in place. The bass has decent power and reasonable tone.

Basically, the axe is in a 9 out of 10 condition. No major gouges, scratches, couple of really super minor dings that you'd expect to see from a used bass but nothing worth worrying about.

The neck is straight and in tune all the way up. String spacing is ~18mm. Hardware is decent, body through stringing, tuners are firm. Active/passive electronics, soapbar pups, essentially just as decribed on the Rondo web page http://www.rondomusic.net/hxb606longscalequilted.html

This is the black quilted one, the pic is from Rondo's page, I can take some "real" pics but it's exactly what you see on the Rondo site.

[​IMG]

The only work I've done on the bass is to install Dunlop straplocks (I'll leave them on the bass and also send the originals) and dress the frets (the bass had a couple of rough spots when I got it). I'll include a Rondo gig bag.

$170.00 plus $15.00 shipping in the Cont US. I'll leave it here for about a week, and if no takers it's off to the 'bay ....

PM me with any questions ........ :cool:

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
  3. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Sure ......

I won't be able to get them to you until tonight when I get home. I'll e-mail to you as well as get them up here ....

4. PM sent

5. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    PM returned ......

ON HOLD

6. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    pix?

7. A bump for Ed...
    and a prod for the person who put this on hold.
    You can't get these new anymore (at least regularly from Rondo Music). And Ed, that's a SWEET deal for anyone buying it!

8. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks for all of the interest, but the bass is sold ...... :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.