Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XxBlackOrchidxX, Mar 7, 2004.

1. XxBlackOrchidxX

XxBlackOrchidxX

Dec 23, 2003
    are these things anygood ? play an Ibanez SR406, if | got one in comparison to the Ibanez would | be really pissed off ? or is it around the same quality ? |m thinking about getting a fretless 6stringer from them.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ...read the essex megathread or do a search..

3. I'm very pleased with my Brice V2 five string fretless. The original strings were definitely not to my liking, but after replacing them with D'Addario Chrome flats, the bass plays and sounds quite well. Everyone has their own opinion on strings, so if you don't like the instrument at first, change the strings to a brand of your liking before making a final decision. My V2 has a great finish, smooth neck and fingerboard. It arrived way out of tune, which was easy to fix, but the setup was right on. My other bass is an Ibanez BTB405. The body and headstock of the V2 is of similar shape to the BTB, but the neck is different (much wider on the BTB). I played a Soundgear at a friend's house about a year ago and, from what I remember, the neck of the V2 feels about the same as the Soundgear's. Anyway, in summary, I do not consider the V2 to be a piece of junk. It's been a joy to play, especially considering the purchase price, and I've already been playing it in front of an audience (three times). No one has complained, in fact, I've received compliments.

4. They do that so if the tuners move during shipping, the strings don't snap at all ;)

As far as Brice basses go...They are the higher end Essex basses which are, what most (including me), say are the best bang for the buck basses. The Brice ones are better built and have better everything. My Essex is solidly built and I'd say is better than the build quality of a MIM Fender bass. So that says something about Brice basses which are better all around than Essex basses. Like Figjam said, check out the Essex Bass Guitars Megathread for some info on Brice. If you have any questions you can go to the Rondo Music website, www.rondomusic.bigstep.com and E-mail Kurt if you have specific questions about them! Great guy and is real easy to deal with (I'd now :D)

Peace,
    Tyler

5. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    I just got a brand new Brice 6 for 200$, It's pretty decent for the money!! :D :D

6. Yes, that does make sense to me. Actually, I never would expect it to arrive exactly in tune (climatic changes, movement....). I just wanted to make the point that the only things "wrong" with this instrument were very simple ones that could be expected.

7. Ok, that kind of threw me off there calling it a problem :p

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a Brice V2 six string fretless that I got a few weeks ago. The quality is not as good as my 4 year old Dean Edge 5, also made in Korea. The bridge is a comlete piece of junk that I want to replace. It does work however. The stock strings are garbage, I've put on an old set of Fender Super Bass 5 and kept the Brice high "C".

That said, it's a nice looking, nice sounding, nice playing instrument. The pickups sound great, the neck feels wonderful. It's giggable and solid, and I'd buy it again.