Several months ago, I started getting really frustrated with the sound I was getting from my bass. I had previously dialed in a Yamahiko and Ischell combination. Rooms I used to sound good in, I was now struggling with nasal sounds that I had to notch out. I had also been messing with strings and wasn't sure if it was just the strings. I was getting weird resonances around A 220 Hz Last month, I took off the Ischell out of frustration, only to put it back on, again out of frustration. And then last week, I noticed the bridge feet weren't sitting properly on the top! The top of the bridge was maybe a cm closer to the nut than it should have been so the feet were sitting on edge. Hmm. I must have bumped it or maybe was careless when swapping strings. I set the bridge back to where it should have been and immediately, the resonances seemed to be gone. I played in a couple ensembles a few days after that and the tone was great once again! Then last night, another room that I usually struggle in was also just good and solid. It's incredible what a little thing like that can do.